JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wow all Morals are Dead "Judge says incest is no longer Taboo"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3534 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This seems to relate to the value of life as well.  We are, in other words, here because our parents have opted not to abort us.  Also, sexual pleasure, under any conditions, is more important than life.  If I am conceived possessing a previously anticipated birth defect because the conception is through incest, my parents are perfectly justified to kill me.

Edited by rbrown1205

Yes, sadly it is only a matter of time before pedophilia and incest becomes an "alternative lifestyle". It was true in parts of Canaan and Rome. It is all part of the decay that often happen in Satan's governments.

I can just see it now . . .

"But I like having sex with children. It's not my fault; I was born that way. Any law against pedophilia is discriminatory!"

I thing that if the people of Sodom and Gomorrah came back in the resurrection, they would cringe in embarrassment. :scared::blush:

Well that article was distasteful to say the least but when you operate in a world where "if it feels good .. and hurts noone, its okay" where do you draw the line?  I was particularly shocked at the suggestion that the child, raped at 11 was no longer a victim when her rapist had sex with her at 18 when it is well understood that child victims are often so traumatized that they become incapable of making Wise sexual choices later in life. 

It's all shocking but I think we are going to have to expect worse, much worse before this sorry sick system is finally destroyed. 

At the RC today I was overhearing a conversation in which a sister sitting next to me made the statement that she didn't know how the world could possibly get any worse than it is. After they were done talking I ask her if she had heard about the judge who said that incest is no longer taboo. She said that the world did indeed get worse. Before the End only Jehovah knows how bad things will get.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Some months ago I heard an interesting (and tragic) news on tv. A doctor told a couple the baby they were waiting for had a serious congenital defect, so they aborted it. After abortion, the doctors said it was a mistake: the baby did not have any deformation. Then the couple sued their doctor for negligent homicide!

So if the baby was healthy, it was homicide, but if it had a defect, it was nothing. The most tragic part is that the majority of people that heard that story are unable to see the huge contradiction in it.

While it's true that the comments by that judge show how perverted the world has become, I would like to mention that marriage between siblings has nothing inherently immoral, other than the high possibility of producing children with congenital defects.

Marriage between siblings and close relatives was practiced at the beginning of humankind, and we don't know whether it will be allowed again in the new world, when imperfection is removed.

Jehovah made many laws against it. So yes it is wrong and Immoral Carlos. Maybe he will change it but for now in my mind is disgusting.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Jehovah made many laws against it. So yes it is wrong and Immoral Carlos. Maybe he will change it but for now in my mind is disgusting.

Sorry to disagree. You find it disgusting, as I do, but that is just a cultural taboo, like eating dog.

Jehovah did not make that many laws, and when he did, men had become so imperfect that it was already a threat to the baby's health. Abraham married his half-sister and no one was surprised.

I have heard that there will be many things different in paradise...Like some say there wasn't any rain before the flood so there won't be any rain, just a mist, in Paradise. I believe a lot of things will change as we will be perfect, I just hope everyone still decided to wear clothes other than fig leaves lol. :D

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I have heard that there will be many things different in paradise...Like some say there wasn't any rain before the flood so there won't be any rain, just a mist, in Paradise. I believe a lot of things will change as we will be perfect, I just hope everyone still decided to wear clothes other than fig leaves lol. :D

Me too for wearing clothes... Will we have winter in paradise?

:bouncing:

Sure its ok. I think you have to dry a zucchini before you can smoke them first.

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

While it's true that the comments by that judge show how perverted the world has become, I would like to mention that marriage between siblings has nothing inherently immoral, other than the high possibility of producing children with congenital defects.

Marriage between siblings and close relatives was practiced at the beginning of humankind, and we don't know whether it will be allowed again in the new world, when imperfection is removed.

brother, are you implying our morals or conscious will change? What is wrong is wrong, no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brother, are you implying our morals or conscious will change? What is wrong is wrong, no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think what he is saying is that in the beginning brothers and sisters married. Thus the inference is that in Jehovah's original view it was not a bad thing.  

That is the point, Al. What is wrong is wrong. But what we feel is wrong may not be necessarily wrong from Jehovah's viewpoint, or may be wrong only in certain circumstances.

For example, Jehovah told the Israelites not to eat pork or shellfish. But was it inherently wrong to eat those foods? Not really, Jehovah forbade them due only to health concerns. Today pork and seafood are safe in general and we can eat them with a good conscience, something that would appal Moses or David.

Is marriage between close relatives inherently wrong? Not really. Jehovah created only a human couple and told them to multiply, so the only way to obey Jehovah's instructions was by marriage between siblings and close relatives. If that had been morally wrong, Jehovah would have created more couples to avoid incest. He would never command us to do something that is wrong.

It was much later, with the Mosaic law, that Jehovah prohibited marriage between close relatives. The reason for this ban is only due to health concerns. Because of imperfection, children born from these unions have a high probability of suffering a wide range of congenital diseases and defects. Many other peoples who did not know anything about Jehovah's law noticed too the link between close unions and defects and so a cultural taboo appeared. At present that cultural taboo is a protection for us, but once imperfection is removed in the new world, it will not make any sense. Of course, that's my opinion, not the Slave's. :)

The picture in our current study article, of Noah and his family after the flood, got me thinking about this.

Adam and Eve were the first humans created so, in order to fulfil their assignment of filling the earth, their first few children had no option other than to marry their direct siblings. Then, Jehovah arranged for four human couples to survive the flood, thereby negating the need for direct siblings to marry. The children of Noah's children would be cousins. Further children of Noah would be of similar age to the children of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and could thus select a partner from there.

Going on current numbers, we would expect that over 8 million people will survive into the New World! There would be no need for anyone to marry a close relation. However, it's all up to Jehovah.

Edited by niall