JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Parents take their sick boy from hospital

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3293 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://news.sky.com/story/1326571/missing-ashya-fears-feeding-tube-has-run-out

Guy Canonici, the president of the Jehovah's Witnesses in France, has told Sky News he has put over 1,000 Kingdom Halls (places of worship) on alert for the missing boy.

He said so far no one had come forward with any information.

Quoting Sky News? every bit as good as the National Enquirer.

Do we have a direct quote from the organization on this? if not, we do not know what was said, or if it was said.

Is 'president' the French for overseer? I understand it is in Spanish, but I don't know.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Boy brother Stavro I pray your kids never get sick, they won't have anyone to fight for them :(

Dear sister,

I don't think it's fair to suggest that our brother would not care for his family. I can see his points even though I do not completely agree it is as black and white as our brother sees it, I don't think it is reasonable to go so far.

Let's try and keep the discussion free of personal digs.

Fact of the matter is, we don't know what we would do under the same circumstances. My self I know that if I had taken my wife with child out of the hospital and to another hospital, my wife might have a live daughter instead of a dead one. I believed the doctor even though he allowed the nurse to make the diagnoses instead of believing the ER DR. and coming to the hospital to do something about it. Doctors make a lot of decisions on PRIDE with no regard for the patient.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

It wasn't a personal attack. I really do pray they don't get sick. As a mum of a child that we had to go to extra lengths to help, I know what these drs are like. I know you have to go to extraordinary lengths to get them to listen to reason.

From your posts I have seen you would just listen to their opinion based on obey caeser, and not making waves.

I know you have to make waves to get laws to change. From personal experience you have to put yourself out there to do the right thing.

Could that bring reproach on Jehovah? Of course because satan will use all he can. And he does. Does that mean we should bow and let our health care or that of our children be sub standard?? Absolutely not.

Please understand it's not a personal attack, I get what you are saying. But, I have BEEN there. I did fight and would continue too. Jehovah is quite capable for standing up for himself, and he put us in the position to stand up for our kids.

As regards to media, well, I was very stupid 2 years ago thinking that media only reported facts. They don't. They print what sells and what causes a stir. Again from

Personal experience.

Again from experience, the branch can only advise regards blood. This issue isn't even involved therefor no advice would be given.

No reason to inform the brothers what they were doing because that would then mean the brothers were aiding them. They were right to do this on their own in my opinion. THEY are keeping Jehovah's name out of it. The MEDIA (satan) isn't.

But at this point they can only think for their boy, Jehovah can look after themselves.

Jez, I think most are just concerned about Jehovah's name in all this matter, no one wants to see reproach brought upon it in any way, shape or form.

Of course. I don't mean to suggest otherwise. I just know from talking with friends who are close to the situation that this is a complex matter. The elders have been involved all along the way and the congregation has supported the family during Ashya's treatment. I just can see that there is a point that what parents decide to do goes beyond the juristriction of the congregation and they simply have to act as their conscience dictates.

Should any of us be pointing fingers at the family, forming and voicing negative opinions before we have all the facts? Sometimes it's better not to say anything. 

But yet you said something.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Jez, A mother's love is beyond anything a man could probably imagine.  Please give Fiona a little slack.

Overall I agree with Fiona and know exactly what a mothers (or fathers) love can do. I just felt a little for Stavro as he is making some points which are drawing some quite direct comment (from myself in the main!) and I don't want him to think that anyone think it is anything other than open discussion with the freedom to express different opinion.

We are constantly being told not to judge each other.  It's easy for us to say what someone should or should not do in a situation.  It's easy for us to quote scriptures and WT articles to prove our point.  How many times though are we told not to use the bible to counsel others?  We should use the bible to counsel ourselves and work on our own faults, not tell others what they should work on or do.

Fact is, NONE of us are perfect.  We have all sinned in our past and we will continue to sin in our future.  

Since we are not in this situation, and since we do not know these people or know all the facts, we should just express our sympathy for their situation and send our prayers to them.

But yet you said something.

I thought you were kidding. Regardless, I neither praised the family nor said anything negative against them. I'm disappointed by some of the negative posts made here against the family. I don't think we should publicly use them as an example of "what not to do," especially since we don't have all the facts.

He was not making a judgemental statement in either direction.

I realize that but t was feeling like a mother even though I'm not one.  This situation is so heart wrenching

There are always two sides to a story. As much as we appreciate the medical system and the help it

provides it is NOT a perfect system. The father very eloquently stated his thoughts and concerns and his love for his son. I hope they are successful in getting the treatment they have chosen for their son.

This is not a case of neglect, it is simply a family wanting the best treatment for their child.

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

But yet you said something.THIN

He was not making a judgemental statement in either direction.

The point I was making is, if it's best not to say anything then DON'T say anything! He had an opinion about this whole situation like the rest of us but then told us "it's best not to say anything".

Just a side note: After my head-on collision, I have undergone 11 more surgeries, in each case the elders in my Hall knew about them, never have I had the Liason Committee in to talk with me or meet with me. 2 of my surgeries were hip surgeries which are some of the bloodiest but still I never met anyone from the Liason Committee. Just saying, even though you are in touch with your elder body about your condition and forthcoming medical treatments, if your doctor has no issue with blood then the Liason committee will most likely not be involved and therefore the society will not be notified about any of it. 

So if the family had notified the elders about the situation and blood wasn't an issue, they most likely did not call the Liason Committee. No reason to. It's not the family's fault. The family should be praised for researching what is best for their child since obviously the doctors weren't doing it. There are many parents that don't do this extra research and just allow a doctor to do whatever no matter if it is beneficial or not. I am proud of these parents for going the xtra mile to get the best for their child. 

From your posts I have seen you would just listen to their opinion based on obey caeser, and not making waves.

After the child was out of the hospital, a simple phone call to a trusted friend would have made the hospital call off the search entirely without even going to the police, let alone the media. Instead, they went into hiding with the hospital, and congregation, believing that they were taking him to die at home.

And please, don't make broad statements about what I "would" do in any given situation, or assume to know what hard decisions I've faced already.

As regards to media, well, I was very stupid 2 years ago thinking that media only reported facts. They don't. They print what sells and what causes a stir.

I am well aware, but what does the world think about all this? There are many ways the family could have handled this without the media getting involved at all. I'm not saying they were wrong for removing the child from the hospital the way they did, I just don't believe that they should have continued remaining in hiding to the point of invoking an international manhunt and making those of the world hear reports that constantly bring reproach on Jehovah's name.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm causing any offense, but I just don't think that our responsibility to sanctify Jehovah's name should come in second place.

Again from experience, the branch can only advise regards blood. This issue isn't even involved therefor no advice would be given

That depends on your particular HLC. When a friend of mine went in the hospital for a simple adjustment of her medicine, with zero possible risk of surgery or blood transfusions (those facilities weren't even present in the entire building), the HLC was at her room within an hour of her checking in, and throughout her stay they acted as an advocate on her behalf.

Guy Canonici, the president of the Jehovah's Witnesses in France, has told Sky News he has put over 1,000 Kingdom Halls (places of worship) on alert for the missing boy.

Since when do we call a Brother

the president of the Jehovah's Witnesses in France,

Since when do we call a Brother

the president of the Jehovah's Witnesses in France,

Since when do we call a Brother the president of the Jehovah's Witnesses in France,

The same way we call Brother Adams "the president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania". Brother Canonici is indeed the president of the organization incorporated in France, so the media would rightly use his legal title of "president".