JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Warning! Have you shopped at Home Depot since April?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3516 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Home Depot Hack Is Letting Criminals

Drain Money From People's Bank Accounts

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/24/home-depot-hack-bank-accounts-drained_n_5872288.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

(Reuters) - Data breach at home improvement retailer Home Depot Inc has led to fraudulent transactions across the United States, draining cash from customer bank accounts, the Wall Street Journal said.

Criminals are using stolen card information to buy prepaid cards, electronics and even groceries, the Journal said, citing people familiar with the matter.

Financial institutions also are stepping up efforts to block the transactions by rejecting them if they appear unusual, the daily said.

Earlier this month, Home Depot confirmed its payment systems were breached and said some 56 million payment cards were likely compromised in a cyberattack at its stores, suggesting the hacking attack at the home improvement chain was larger than last year's unprecedented breach at Target Corp .

Home Depot had said customers who shopped at its stores as far back as April were exposed, suggesting the breach extended through the busy summer season.

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Yes, thanks John for posting that about the Debit Cards.

This is why I posted this article to warn our brothers & sisters

so they could verify their accounts and make sure that no money

was being withdrawn from their accounts or charges against their

credit cards.

I know for many of us we cannot afford to lose much money.

GOODWILL

Also 3-4 weeks ago I had charges on my credit card from New York?

Turns out when "Goodwill" was hacked into recently, my credit card

information was stolen.

When I spoke with the Fraud Dept, they said it was good it was not

my Debit Card that was stolen because with Debit Card fraud this takes

much longer, many weeks or months depending on the situation.

So I have decided to try and just use my credit card from now on, and

then just pay it off at the end of the month.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)