JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Twenty Years of Imprisonment in Eritrea—Will It Ever End?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3504 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have been praying for these brothers for as long as I can remember and yet, all those brothers, sisters and children are still there in prison.  Jehovah must have a reason for this.  This is a human atrocity that goes pretty much unnoticed by the rest of the world because Eritrea is such a small country run by an even smaller man.  There are 3 brothers in that prison that have been there 20 years without even being charged with anything!  No charges, no trials, no hope!  We need to pray that they are able to keep their kingdom hope alive depsite their circumstances and I always pray that Jehovah give them wonderful dreams to help them remain joyful and comforted. I can't wait to meet them all someday and give them a big hug and tell them how much their faith encouraged me!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I'm wondering if the picture of these 3 brothers was taken while in prison (wonder if it's recent) because they all have such HUGE smiles on their faces!   How precious they must be to Jehovah!

I agree and I hope to meet them all some day!  What they are enduring (without any spiritual food that we know of!) is incredible.  If I could call someone a hero - it would be these brothers.  How many of us who lived in priviledged countries would be able to keep the same kind of integrity for that long?!!!  Jehovah is truly with them and I know he absolutely can't wait to give them the life they truly deserve!

It astounds me that no one else wants to post in this topic!  What if someone got to visit any of those prisoners with a cell phone and could show them from this forum how much we love them?!!!  Post people - post!!!!

Jehovah will move things if he be His will (I'm sure the brothers are doing all they can) and if not, their the sterling faith and endurance will be a testimony that will encourage the brotherhood and prove Satan a vile liar; in any case it WILL end when Jesus comes to deal with those that oppress his people!!