JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

okay I'll bite.... is anyone gonna look @ the royal wedding?

Just wondering .... because back in the 1980's there was a sister who supposedly gave that couple a family book....

and I was wondering if anyone knew of someone possibly giving this couple a family book....

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

No, I will not. I'm already tired of the news media's everyday news about Kate's childhood, Will's childhood....their school years, the guessing of what style of dress she will wear....really.....I'm sorry, but I don't care anything about the wedding. I hope they have a nice day and all, but, to use an english phrase, "It's just not my cup of tea." :tea: I do know of someone who said they are getting up at 3 or 4 in the morning to watch it, though she is the only one that I know of that would do that. :coffee:

I remember getting up early with my sister when we were kids to watch Diana's wedding, we also got up early to watch Sarah Duchess of York wedding. My daughter wants to get up to watch the wedding, so we will. Have to see the dress, lol.

Wow, I didn't know this would be a big deal in the USA...

As for me, I'm sick of the whole thing and will do my best to avoid it, although all the media will probably be flooded with the event so not sure I can completely ignore it. Worst of all is the tacky merchandise people are trying to sell everywhere, mugs and plates and stuff... seriously, not interested! lol

http://windsorknot.today.com/_news/2011/04/27/6542797-royally-obsessed-man-gets-will-and-kate-tattooed-on-teeth

Man gets couple tatooed on his teeth. I thought this fit, since you said, "I'll bite" ;)

No, not interested. (td) I hope their marriage works/ lasts.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

C'mon you guys, And I thought you where all a bunch of romantics at heart, maybe just a little peak...:secret:

like they said on the news yesterday "they have been living in sin for the last 7 years"....so,... oun't get me started 8-)

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

C'mon you guys, And I thought you where all a bunch of romantics at heart, maybe just a little peak...:secret:

like they said on the news yesterday "they have been living in sin for the last 7 years"....so,... oun't get me started 8-)

You mean they have been living the fairytale for 7 years and we didn't know??!! That's way of fairytales.....once upon a time... and they lived happily ever after. ;)

Wow, I didn't know this would be a big deal in the USA...

As for me, I'm sick of the whole thing and will do my best to avoid it, although all the media will probably be flooded with the event so not sure I can completely ignore it. Worst of all is the tacky merchandise people are trying to sell everywhere, mugs and plates and stuff... seriously, not interested! lol

same thoughts as Mo...the media are really trying to big it up...I just looked up street parties for the event...in Wales UK where I live there are... "225 streets across Wales to celebrate the royal union"...which is a tiny amount ....and none around me...the royal couple/family just do not come on most peoples radar...

because back in the 1980's there was a sister who supposedly gave that couple a family book....

I know there was a pioneer sister in Wales UK...who placed a book (can't remember title)...with one of the princes then(can't remember name).... this was about 1990....

I 'll probably watch the beginning bit. It is on three or four of our television channels on Friday evening. I want to see what everyone will wear and the wedding dress. You know, the important stuff.

:from wikipedia:

The British monarch, at present Queen Elizabeth II, has the constitutional title of Supreme Governor of the Church of England. The canon law of the Church of England states, "We acknowledge that the Queen’s most excellent Majesty, acting according to the laws of the realm, is the highest power under God in this kingdom, and has supreme authority over all persons in all causes, as well ecclesiastical as civil." In practice this power is often exercised through Parliament and the Prime Minister.

@Rennie:

whistling: :shifty:

:from wikipedia:

The British monarch, at present Queen Elizabeth II, has the constitutional title of Supreme Governor of the Church of England. The canon law of the Church of England states, "We acknowledge that the Queen’s most excellent Majesty, acting according to the laws of the realm, is the highest power under God in this kingdom, and has supreme authority over all persons in all causes, as well ecclesiastical as civil." In practice this power is often exercised through Parliament and the Prime Minister.

@Rennie:

whistling: :shifty:

May God help us all! :?

Actually I wanted to see the dress though.....seeing as how I wasn't born when his mother was married ...and didn't know about Sarah when she got married.....

but the comment about Christan neutrality is a new one for me I must admit.....

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

Who's getting married now?

..... that is about how much I am in tune with the media. The only reason I know about it was that I happened to watch the news the other morning.

I think I am going to be working. My wife made a comment that she wants to watch it, but she is a sucker for media hyped drama blah blah blah stuff anyway :-)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Just saw the hymn they are singing at the service

its Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah, Guide me...

but the .... O Thou great Redeemer…version

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah

Pilgrim through this barren land.

I am weak, but Thou art mighty;

Hold me with Thy powerful hand.

Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven,

Feed me till I want no more;

Feed me till I want no more.

which is an old Welsh hymn...which was

a song the Bible students had... before they started writing their own...

84 Guide Me ... 1928 Songbook

CAERSALEM Welsh Hymn Melody, Alt. 213, 161

1 Guide me, O Thou Great Jehovah, Pilgrim through this barren land;

I am weak, but Thou art mighty; Hold me with Thy powerful hand.

Bread from Heaven, Feed me till I want no more.

2 Open now the crystal fountain, Whence the healing streams do flow;

Let the fiery, cloudy pillar, Lead me all my journey through,

Strong Deliverer, Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.

3 As I near the time of trouble, Bid my faith in Thee increase;

While the thousands round are falling, Keep me, keep in perfect peace

Refuge! Fortress! Thou has set Thy love on me.

from the thread...JHWH on old coins

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?10,24532,page=1

Just saw the hymn they are singing at the service

its Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah, Guide me...

but the .... O Thou great Redeemer…version

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah

Pilgrim through this barren land.

I am weak, but Thou art mighty;

Hold me with Thy powerful hand.

Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven,

Feed me till I want no more;

Feed me till I want no more.

which is an old Welsh hymn...which was

a song the Bible students had... before they started writing their own...

84 Guide Me ... 1928 Songbook

CAERSALEM Welsh Hymn Melody, Alt. 213, 161

1 Guide me, O Thou Great Jehovah, Pilgrim through this barren land;

I am weak, but Thou art mighty; Hold me with Thy powerful hand.

Bread from Heaven, Feed me till I want no more.

2 Open now the crystal fountain, Whence the healing streams do flow;

Let the fiery, cloudy pillar, Lead me all my journey through,

Strong Deliverer, Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.

3 As I near the time of trouble, Bid my faith in Thee increase;

While the thousands round are falling, Keep me, keep in perfect peace

Refuge! Fortress! Thou has set Thy love on me.

from the thread...JHWH on old coins

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?10,24532,page=1

I saw that they named the song being sung, O Guide Me O Great Jehovah, Guide Me....and that it was a welsh song.....which of course, made me think of you. :yes: You are hearing different religions using God's name a bit more.....which can be a witness in itself. Even those who never put faith in the name Jehovah may atleast be interested when one of his witnesses come knocking on the door....they just may listen for the first time. :D

Hi Karen On the actual programme which is now being shown everywhere it says it says Guide me O thou great Redeemer...so it looks like they will not say Jehovah...

33968=1268-article-1381426-0BCE1C1E00000

So we see, though most people have come to see that God's name is Jehovah....they still have an adversion to it. How sad for them. :(