JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Here is an update on the avacado eggrolls I made:  They were DELICIOUS and so easy!  I'm going to fudge on the dipping sauce, because I would like a lighter version of what the recipe had.  My husband (who is the pickiest eater in the world) also loved them - so much so, that we had them 3 nights in a row for supper.  They are filling too!

By the way, another recipe my husband really loves is a grilled sandwich I make with avacados:

Marble rye bread

Honey roasted turkey

Smoked gouda cheese

Avacado's (sliced)

alfafa sprouts (for a little bit of crunch)

I mix a little mayo with some italian dressing and spread on both sides of the bread slices before I build the sandwiches (you don't need much).  Butter the other sides of the bread and put butter side down in the skillet.  Build the sandwich and cook on low to med-low.  Flip and cook the other side - lightly salt if you want after cooking and enjoy!

It's, easy, filling and yummy!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Bridgette that sounds all kinds of nummy, totally up my alley, and with sprouts too, being the sprout queen here! Smoked gouda is the BOMB! Gouda  itself it the BOMB!

Here's one I had recently- corn or flour tortilla, thin burger patty from the BBQ (Tracey, pay attention mister!) guacamole, gouda, and pico. 

Brown 1 tortilla in a pan, both sides, then smear guacamole liberally. Set aside. Brown another tortilla, flip and add gouda, BBQ burger and pico. Put both tortilla's together to make a sandwich. Oh man talk about yumminess! I'm making it for dinner tonight. One of our brothers lost his wife a week or so ago and I promised him good dinner. He'll be happy!   

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Bridgette that sounds all kinds of nummy, totally up my alley, and with sprouts too, being the sprout queen here! Smoked gouda is the BOMB! Gouda  itself it the BOMB!

Here's one I had recently- corn or flour tortilla, thin burger patty from the BBQ (Tracey, pay attention mister!) guacamole, gouda, and pico. 

Brown 1 tortilla in a pan, both sides, then smear guacamole liberally. Set aside. Brown another tortilla, flip and add gouda, BBQ burger and pico. Put both tortilla's together to make a sandwich. Oh man talk about yumminess! I'm making it for dinner tonight. One of our brothers lost his wife a week or so ago and I promised him good dinner. He'll be happy!   

Attention paid!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

The recipe originally called for havarti cheese (with I absolutey love!) but with the avocado, it was all too creamy and the sprouts can overpower the havarti pretty easily, so I switched to smoked Gouda and a star was born! haha!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

READ THIS AND NEVER THROW AWAY AVOCADO SEEDS AGAIN

Avocado is really incredible fruit and we can say that is one of the most complete and beneficial fruit for human health. In addition, avocado seed is very powerful and useful.

In today’s article we will explain why.

Avocado seed contain over 65% of the amino acids. Also it contains more fiber than many other foods.

BENEFITS OF AVOCADO SEED

1- It is anti – inflammatory and because of that is very effective in combating arthritisu

2- Studies showed that avocado seed helps in reducing inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. Also useful for diarrhea, it can be used to make medicines for infections and stomach problems.

3- These seeds are great source of rejuvenation. Latest studies showed that this increases the level of collagen, helping to make your skin firm and reduce wrinkles.

4- Another benefit is strengthening of the immune system and helping to prevent disease.

5- Avocado seeds makes us to feel full and is very effective when it comes to burning fat. .

6- Great property of these seeds is that contains high levels of energy to help you keep energized all day.

7- You can consume this seed with salads, you can make tea, smoothies or shakes.

8- Due to flayonol content avocado seed prevents the growth of tumors

Persin

Avocado contains this fungicidal toxin. Although generally it is harmless to humans, it is dangerous if is consumed by domestic animals in large quantities.

This compound is oil – soluble and structurally is similar to a fatty acid, and it leaches into the body of the fruit from the pits. Negative effects in humans seem to be primarily in allergic individuals.

Allergies

Some people are allergic to avocado. There are two main forms of allergy reactions:   first ones are manifested with tree – pollen allergy, that develops local symptoms in the mouth and throat shortly after eating avocado. The second group is known as latex – fruit syndrome and is related to latex allergy and symptoms. It includes generalised urticaria, abdominal pain, and vomiting that sometimes can be life -threatening.

ba00eab694fe450acb8a106c1aab1e5b.jpg

Does the Avocado seed 🌱 bleed? Poor thing! Oh well my first grind for my yogurt!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

There's nothing worse than buying a beautiful bag of one of nature's most gorgeous fruits - and then having to wait for a week for them to ripen. And then they're all ripe at the same time and you have to throw some away (or eat them non-stop for three days) ...

Here's a trick (promise it works) to ripen an avo in 10 minutes:

1. Preheat your oven to 90 degrees.

2. Wrap your avocado in tin foil (cover it completely so no air gets in)

3. Line a baking try with wax (ovenproof) paper

4. Place the avocado on the baking tray

5. Place in oven for 10 minutes

6. Let avo cool (or cool in fridge if you can't wait!)
The heat speeds up the process of ripening but doesn't cook the avo.

5 hours ago, Hettie Steenkamp said:

There's nothing worse than buying a beautiful bag of one of nature's most gorgeous fruits - and then having to wait for a week for them to ripen. And then they're all ripe at the same time and you have to throw some away (or eat them non-stop for three days) ...

Neat!

I assume that is 90 degrees Celsius, or 194 degrees Fahrenheit.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2016 at 1:59 PM, Precision said:

tumblr_lopq7ax6rb1qmyogko1_1280.jpg              

Hmmm... those look like bullet damage to the sign.

On 5/15/2016 at 6:34 PM, Old said:

Neat!

I assume that is 90 degrees Celsius, or 194 degrees Fahrenheit.

Living and cooking can be a trial, but I beat the ripe avocado dilemna, by buying 2 or 3, leaving one out on the counter, and the rest in the fridge. Cold slows their ripening process, and the room temperature, even with the air conditioning running, works great.

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2016 at 1:40 PM, Hettie Steenkamp said:

Sister Hettie, I followed your directions but the avocado remained unripened.  I won't give up though.  I'll try it later and see if it works. :)

Green Apple Smoothie

Scoop of Vanilla whey
Handful of spinach or baby kale
Cup of Milk or yogurt
Granny Smith Apple
tsp of Chia seeds

Juice of half a lemon
Ice Cubes

I found this recipe and have it as a meal because its contains all the food groups, and is quite tasty and filling. I will try the delicious looking avocado salad and the yummy avocado ice cream. Thank you.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

On 10/21/2015 at 10:43 PM, Precision said:

For get togethers my sweetheart makes a mean guacamole sauce served over mesquite grilled carne asada.

She uses soft avocados marinated in fresh squeezed lime juice, diced tomatoes, a hint of onions, fresh garlic, finely diced cilantro, and a dash of salt. 

Also makes a great appetizer served with with chips! 

Miguel, can you or your sweetheart please PM me the recipe and method? I'd love to give it a try!

Edited by Omo_Yeme

Related image

For a thicker Guacamole used for Flautas and Taquitos. 

Chop 2 medium Avocados, 1 medium tomato, 1/4 onion

1 finely minced garlic clove, 1 Jalapeno finely chopped

Cilantro and lemon to taste, Sal y pimienta.

For chips instead of chopping, blend everything high-speed.