JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

On the Daily Mail Jan 19, 2015

Eat chocolate to boost your memory and avocado for high cholesterol: Doctor reveals the best foods for YOUR health problems

Well, I tried to fill in the Subject Title, but all I could do was fill in Avocado.  I wanted to say Avocado and Chocolate. 

Edited by allabord4jah

Avocados are the worst evil perpetrated upon humanity. How could a loving God create such a horror? Obviously it was only meant as a manure upon the surface of the ground until some masochistic humans decided to try eating them.

They are slimy, inedible blights on the landscape.

Chocolate, on the other hand.......

Thank you LIsa, I really appreciated this article and signed up for emails. I love avocados, with salt and pepper or Italian dressing; I am going to try breading them and fry ,sounds good, I love them on sandwiches in salads and great in smoothies.

Oh, and I love dark chocolate.......

• 8 months later...

I once lived on a property that had 19 varieties of avocados, each with their own unique flavor. We used to give bag fulls away to the friends. Some who came to visit from out of the country later told us they didn't care for them because they were tough and tasted like soap. We realized that they didn't know you have to let them ripen until they turn black and get really soft. I'm wondering if this is the reason some here in this topic don't like them? :)

Not to mention how nutrient-dense they are. So much packed in a pint-size fruit.

agree...

excellent plant source of monunsaturated fat, high in vit B & C and 10 gms fiber
  as Chuck says the key to capturing the benefits is timing of ripening, it is a short window

even when they become too ripe too fast to be edible they make terrific hair & skin conditioner

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I let mine turn black like and then open the skin and squeeze the fruit out.  I love them myself and when I see them on sale, I get one.  I did save the seed and threw it in the bushes in the back of my home and it grew this summer.  I expect it to grow throughout the rest of this system.   The ones I get ripen, and then I eat them but mine never tasted like a soap bar.    It does have it's own unique taste.  

I love avocados, when I was a kid my dad would would cut one in half and put a little salt and pepper on it and eat it out of the skin with a spoon, each of us kids would do the same thing. I like adding avocado slices to a tuna sandwich.

They don't taste like soap, I have eaten soap, right after I said my first cuss word as a kid... :blink:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

For get togethers my sweetheart makes a mean guacamole sauce served over mesquite grilled carne asada.

She uses soft avocados marinated in fresh squeezed lime juice, diced tomatoes, a hint of onions, fresh garlic, finely diced cilantro, and a dash of salt. 

Also makes a great appetizer served with with chips! 

Edited by Precision

For get togethers my sweetheart makes a mean guacamole sauce served over mesquite grilled carne asada.

She uses soft avocados marinated in fresh squeezed lime juice, diced tomatoes, a hint of onions, fresh garlic, finely diced cilantro, and a dash of salt. 

Also makes a great appetizer served with with chips! 

Oh my goodness, what time Michael? I'll skip on over. Every-single-word of your post was delicious!

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Ahhhahahahaa! Just had a bottle, Ninkasi IPA, oh so refreshing. And it'll go so good with the dip and chips! Maybe I'll come over for the new broadcast next month?

Just reread your post, I'm wiping drool off.....

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I never used to like avocado's but oh my guacamole with a dash of tequila in it ! Won't turn brown and with fresh salsa chips and Margarita's yum! Or beer... Ok so now my mouths watering!

Chocolate it's ok but gummy bears and licorice!

Back to my cancer protocol which allows none of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

I never used to like avocado's but oh my guacamole with a dash of tequila in it ! Won't turn brown and with fresh salsa chips and Margarita's yum! Or beer... Ok so now my mouths watering!

Chocolate it's ok but gummy bears and licorice!

Back to my cancer protocol which allows none of this

Actually Jewel Avocado is used quite extensively in certain raw food high enzyme type cancer protocols. Depends on the type of cancer. Everything in the guacamole recipe listed above except the salt, steak or tortilla chips. There are many raw avocado recipes online, but like everything all things in moderation.

I once lived on a property that had 19 varieties of avocados, each with their own unique flavor. We used to give bag fulls away to the friends. Some who came to visit from out of the country later told us they didn't care for them because they were tough and tasted like soap. We realized that they didn't know you have to let them ripen until they turn black and get really soft. I'm wondering if this is the reason some here in this topic don't like them? :)

Soft yes. Black no no

Chuck, are you talking about the outside? Was watching an avocado commercial and it showed a Cali one and a Florida one- green skin and black skin. Isn't the Cali the black skin? That's what I'm eating right now. It gets soft on the counter, the skin black but the 'meat' is soft and green. With sea salt and pepper and a hint of lemon it's irresistibly delicious.

It may be that the texture is what bothers people. The taste is bright and flavorful.   

Chuck, are you talking about the outside? Was watching an avocado commercial and it showed a Cali one and a Florida one- green skin and black skin. Isn't the Cali the black skin? 

What's Cali?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D