JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Guatemalan Schools Address Youth Violence; Request Publications From Jehovah’s Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3249 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

702015013_univ_sqs_sm.jpg

Schools in Guatemala requested thousands of pieces of Spanish and Quiché literature. The donated literature is being used in classrooms to teach Quiché and to help students develop good morals.

View the full article on JW.org

If they are hoping to discourage youth gangs and violence, those educators are certainly on the right track. :yes:

"For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword..." --Hebrews 4:12

Plus, as this article http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/publishing/translation-mexico-central-america/#?insight%5Bsearch_id%5D=21b65d59-dde0-4818-bd21-07a2dfcb6b0f&insight%5Bsearch_result_index%5D=0 on JW.org brings out: 

“…when people receive Bible literature in a language that they can easily understand, it is more likely to touch their heart.”—1 Corinthians 14:9.

To add to the quality of the translation, some translators who worked at the branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Mexico City have been transferred to offices in locations where their languages are spoken. How has that helped? The translators have more contact with native speakers of the languages into which they are translating the publications, making it easier for them to produce material that is readily understood.

:thumbsup: Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Wow,

"I myself, Jehovah, shall speed it up in its own time".- Isaiah 60:22.

Makes me wonder what really will Jehovah do next? If he is capable of an event such as this.. Anything could happen!? I mean the implications of what happened here are really astounding.

He could just call for the rocks to proclaim an message?? Really nothing is beyond the Realm possibility at this late hour -

Luke 19:39 However, some of the Pharisees from the crowd said to him: “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” 40 But in reply he said: “I tell you, if these remained silent, the stones would cry out.”