JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Sandwich King

I love sandwiches.  All the variety.  So many types and textures of breads lend such a difference to each sandwich.  The toppings--simple to complex can change the whole thing.  Again, I see how Jehovah gives us so much variety in every single option.

Remember when there use to only be white bread and later wheat bread?  Varieties are endless now.

I watched the TV series Sandwich King but thought I know who the true Sandwich King is.  I just get in awe of Jehovah when I see the scriptures come to mind in everything I do.  He created endless vareity in all things.  Birds, flowers, trees, animals, people and yes sandwiches. Like the writing staff is able to link any subject to the scriptures I am finding this ever more true with all things.

Tonight I took a pork roast and a turkey breast I had roasted eariler this weekend and sliced it so thin it only had one side. :)

I toasted slices of a asuiago bread I cut off a rustic loaf from a wonderful bakery here,  and then spread a thin layer of  Amish butter across the freshly toasted bread.  I listened for the sound of "sand paper" as the freshly churned, cold butter was scraped across the bread. Then I  layered on several slices of Brie Cheese and placed them under the broiler to gentley bubble as I set about the kitchen to make a topping for the sandwich.  I spied a couple of granny Smith apples and a vibrant purple onion and decided I would incorporate this into the mix.  I sliced the apples, and onion and again added them to a pan of butter with a quick turn of Jack Daniels, then another for good measure.  Decided a little brown sugar needed to be added for the "apple and onion Jam".  The taosted bread had long been removed from the broiler as I finished the jam the sponned it atop the bubbled brie.  After that the roasted pork and turkey breast was piled high and there you go.  A decadent, beautiful sandwich with roasted pork, turnkey. brie cheese. apple and onion jam with a thich sweet bourbon and brown sugar jam.

One good sandwich deserves another.

What are some of your creative sandwich ideas?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

My favorite sandwich has always been a Rueben, crispy dark rye, swiss or provolone cheese and only the best corned beef.Fresh homemade sauerkraut.  Personally I prefer using thousand island dressing over russian. You can also replace the corned beef with turkey for a slightly "healthier" Carslile sandwich.

Its not a sandwich but i like banana bread with organic blueberry jam and aged australian cheddar cheese for breakfast !

I think that qualifies for a sandwich!  Open faced sandwich.  Or stuff the cheese and jam between two pieces of banana bread and surely it is a breakfast sandwich or a desert sandwich.  I think anything on bread or between two slices is technically a sandwich.  That gives me a whole new avenue to things to try!  Thanks for mentioning it!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 6 months later...

My favorite sandwich has always been a Rueben, crispy dark rye, swiss or provolone cheese and only the best corned beef.Fresh homemade sauerkraut.  Personally I prefer using thousand island dressing over russian. You can also replace the corned beef with turkey for a slightly "healthier" Carslile sandwich.

OK Steven, I think we're kindred minds. 

I tried to lighten this up a bit but not sacrifice anything. So I just eliminated 1 piece of bread. 

I put my bread in one pan to grill it, in another pan I put the finely chopped meat (MH won't eat it in slices :blink: ) and warmed it 1/2 way then added my fresh made sauerkraut, making sure it only heats to 180 or less, when both meat and kraut are hot I put on the cheese, pull it off the burner and cover it.

I put the toasted bread on a plate, pour the meat/kraut/cheese mixture on top and then put on a nice dollop of fresh made thousand island dressing.  

Oh mah goodness!! And the fresh kraut makes my gut feel so good!

post-1083-0-52355800-1451347725.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

It was soooo good. And the way it digests is incredible. There's not much fattening about it, maybe the dressing a little. I will be having this tomorrow and Wednesday too. 

Note to self: start another batch of kraut!

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34