JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Has Any Vacation Pioneered in Foreign Country?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3211 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Has anyone had the experience of vacation pioneering in a foreign country?  My husband and I are investigating spending a month with a English language group in France. Would love to hear from others who might have done something similar. 

There is nothing to prevent you from just doing it, but if you want to be well received a letter of introduction from your service committee would be appropriate and will put the elders in the English/French congregation at ease.

Assuming your husband is appointed a letter would allow him to be used in France.

If you have friends in that congregation already, it may not be needed.

We had a pioneer in our congregation that emailed in a report from Dubai. 

We new nothing about her journey and had great concerns about her pioneering vacation in a Muslim country.

Our organization was in no position to provide any aid if things should go badly for her.

Next report came from India (?) and then she came back to us, happy as a lark. 

Best stay in close alignment with our organization where ever we go.

Enjoy your vacation. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Thanks for your suggestions. We reviewed the information in The KM and will be following the directions listed there on preparing a letter to the branch and asking for a congregation to work with. We understand that we then submitted the letter to our local Service committee which will add comments to our letter and then forward to the branch involved. We are currently supporting aFrench language pre-group in our area and thought this might be a great way to polish up our French language skills during the time we are there..We are calling it a vacation but plan on making service our focus each day. We know a family that does something similar for several years in the past and have found it to be a very encouraging experience

Has anyone had the experience of vacation pioneering in a foreign country?  My husband and I are investigating spending a month with a English language group in France. Would love to hear from others who might have done something similar.

"Vacation pioneer"

I haven't heard that in years. Thanks for the flashback!

To use that, (vacation pioneer) indicates to a listener, the person speaking has been away from Jehovah's organization for a very long time and has just returned. Welcome back.

To use that, (vacation pioneer) indicates to a listener, the person speaking has been away from Jehovah's organization for a very long time and has just returned. Welcome back.

"Vacation pioneering" was the old term for what we call now "auxiliary pioneering".

But what sister Deborah is talking about is traveling abroad and literally spend her vacation pioneering. I think it is correct usage. :)

Edited by cvillarrubia

• 5 weeks later...

So if you meant going on vacation and pioneering then the answer is yes

our family has tried it several times

both with going to unworked territory and visiting other countries and pioneering there

recently we have tried a few areas in West Virginia and D.R.==in English territory

we are now considering a few week in Costa Rica

when younger I also visited friends in different states and pioneered with them from a week up to a whole summer

Yes, I have done it in the past with good success and I will be doing it next month while on "vacation"  family reunion on one of the caribbean Islands.  I plan on targeting my unbelieving family as my territory...(they just don't know it yet) ;-)   ... My family is very set in their ways and traditions and are quite materialistic. I am praying to Jehovah for wisdom and insight as Soloman did.   You can do it!!

Part of my strategy also is to hit the market places and the town early in the morning a couple of days during the week and then hit the beaches after noon day.   

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Yes, I have done it in the past with good success and I will be doing it next month while on "vacation"  family reunion on one of the caribbean Islands.  I plan on targeting my unbelieving family as my territory...(they just don't know it yet) ;-)   ... My family is very set in their ways and traditions and are quite materialistic. I am praying to Jehovah for wisdom and insight as Soloman did.   You can do it!!

Part of my strategy also is to hit the market places and the town early in the morning a couple of days during the week and then hit the beaches after noon day.   

Hi Dawn.. :wave: .I know where you are going.  And you are going to have the most wonderful time...can we go ???   :poke:  Just joking  :tongue:

Yes, Tom and I vacation pioneered many times in the past back in the 50's.  It had nothing to do with going on vacation anywhere. It was a provision by the Society for those that could put in more hours for a short period of time. We would load up our little camping trailer and go to "seldom worked" territory in the mountains. It used to be called "unassigned territory." I don't remember the hour requirement. I had all my old KMs from 1950-present bound into a hardback book and I could look back at the instructions but alas I sent it to Trottigy. He'll have research it.   :yes:

In the 50s and early 60s the hour requirement for 'Vacation Pioneers'  was 100 hours, same as regular pioneers.

You could opt to VC for two weeks, in which case you were required to get 50 hours during the two week period coupled with a 75 hour total for the month.

A point of interest: You did not apply or report through your local congregation.

As with pioneers you applied and reported directly to the Branch.

There was not much encouragement on supporting the local congregation at that time, that came to be emphasized later. 

I don't recall when they changed the name for this temporary service from 'vacation pioneering' to 'auxiliary pioneering' accompanied by a lower hour requirement.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.