JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3240 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That sounds quite intrepid, Jed.  Looks like you enjoy adventure!  The July Awake 2015 had a brief but fascinating article on Mongolia.  My mother recently studied with a Mongolian lady who was visiting Sydney to stay with her daughter awaiting the birth of her first child.  In the 6 months she was here, they communicated through her ipad, and this lady just loved jw.org.  I was surprised that they are quite techie. My mum is Greek, and the lady's English was almost non-existent, but she managed to understand the truth and progress very fast. That lady went back to Mongolia with the aim of getting baptised.  It was a really good experience.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy yourself there, and you must show us some holiday snaps of where you go!

How wonderful! We met a man from Mongolia, working on our tv system. he was a tribal person, and tribal are people hospitable, by nature.

so, we had him for dinner, It was a nice experience, He lived in yerts, had a horse he dearly missed, and spent a lot of time around camp fires.

My first response to him was what was his nationality? He looked like one of us. (Yurok indians) We decided we are related, via the Bearing Straight. Try to get out around the rurual people. Maybe you can make a connection with the friends. I think the Afgani people are facinating, too, and can't wait to get to know them in the new system. Have a wonderful time!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

How wonderful! We met a man from Mongolia, working on our tv system. he was a tribal person, and tribal are people hospitable, by nature.

so, we had him for dinner, It was a nice experience, He lived in yerts, had a horse he dearly missed, and spent a lot of time around camp fires.

My first response to him was what was his nationality? He looked like one of us. (Yurok indians) We decided we are related, via the Bearing Straight. Try to get out around the rurual people. Maybe you can make a connection with the friends. I think the Afgani people are facinating, too, and can't wait to get to know them in the new system. Have a wonderful time!

My DNA connects me to the Athabaskans. And you are right, our descendants came through Mongolia and Siberia too. There is a lot talking to do when we see our ancestors in the new world. :indian:

Mongolia is between China and Russia. I hope you meet some friends there.

Is that right? I thought it was in Canada... between Quebec and Ontario...

I mean flying about 20 hours East of Quebec or 20 hours west of Ontario... :D

More seriously, yes we will meet the friends there. There are 4 congregations in Ulaanbaatar and we'll also stop there to get some tracts for the trip.

When I first saw this thread I read "Magnolia" and had to look again when I discovered it wasn't talking about trees :blushing:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~