JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This 8 years long series were awesome. Jack Klugman was kicking "rear ends" throughout his 8 years series. That is why he became my favorite actor. Why? Because he kick "rear ends" . Although, I didn't like when he chew out females, but when you see this show and look between 30:00-32:30 and 41:30-44:30. You see what I mean when I said: "he kicked rear ends".  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFyAXWa1Ss8

When Quincy first aired it was a good show - however, near the end of it's run, when Jack Klugman had more control over the content, he, all too often, jumped on his "soap box" to promote his views (politically) and that was one of the factors in the loss of popularity and eventual cancelling of the show.

I did enjoy some of his movies.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

When Quincy first aired it was a good show - however, near the end of it's run, when Jack Klugman had more control over the content, he, all too often, jumped on his "soap box" to promote his views (politically) and that was one of the factors in the loss of popularity and eventual cancelling of the show.

I see what you mean. Yet, a lot of it was educational too. And I think his older series were very good.

One episode I found to be dubious is when a young female died and the conclusion was that she died from eating a low carb/ high protein diet. Many people die when they are following any number of diet plans, but it is not necessarily evident from an autopsy that  protein has caused someone's death. In 2010, a hockey player died while following a so-called high pro diet. He also  was taking a number of supplements and powders.  "But it appears that he suffered from a condition known as a urea cycle disorder." He may have been unable to process protein whether if was an increased amount or not.  Also, when many people follow a low carb diet, they do not necessarily eat more protein. For myself, I just eliminated sugar and (wheat) flour.  The hockey player was using a protein powder which specifically limits the number of scoops per day.He may well have misread the container. Just a thought. YS,pauline  

One episode I found to be dubious is when a young female died and the conclusion was that she died from eating a low carb/ high protein diet. Many people die when they are following any number of diet plans, but it is not necessarily evident from an autopsy that  protein has caused someone's death. In 2010, a hockey player died while following a so-called high pro diet. He also  was taking a number of supplements and powders.  "But it appears that he suffered from a condition known as a urea cycle disorder." He may have been unable to process protein whether if was an increased amount or not.  Also, when many people follow a low carb diet, they do not necessarily eat more protein. For myself, I just eliminated sugar and (wheat) flour.  The hockey player was using a protein powder which specifically limits the number of scoops per day.He may well have misread the container. Just a thought. YS,pauline  

I just saw that one about 2 weeks ago. I think there is one thing you left is that, she doesn't suppose to drink water with her diet. And that is a no no. But, I could be wrong on this show.

• 2 weeks later...

John

Knowing me, I have to do some research on this and look at these

The first part of this interview Jack Klugman tells how the show should not be dictated, and that it should not be a cop and robber show and his idea worked with some help.

The second part of the interview Jack Klugman say that his brother Peter came up with some ideas how the show be done and it should be done with real life situations that  concerned other people and it worked too. Was politics involved? The video I posted in my first post, deals with a bill that has to do with congress of passing it. Yes, the bill  was pass by  them, if I'm right the show pushed them to do it or they did it after the bill was passed. Yes, some politics was involved, but in a way what we think of. Basicacaly  Peter Klugman was the main corporate of least 17 shows and probably the show I posted in my first post.

Jack Klugman was a talented actor.Most serial dramas run out of fresh material, as years go by, and resort to sensationalism, over accuracy. We can still appreciate and assimilate the object lessons contained there-in.   

I thought same way. Quincy and other show were educational and they try to push it to others. What is sad one show I just saw yesterday (I think) is they blasted smoking and drugs too. If I'm right Jack Klugman smoke cigars And you can hear it in the interview. He had throat cancer.

• 1 month later...

Jack Klugman is one of my favorite actors!

I first saw Quincy, in 1981, when I was living in the dorm, at college, in Portland.

It was late, and somebody had their door open, so I looked inside, and a group of guys was sitting around the a TV set, watching Quincy.

That was the first time I encountered Dominos Pizza, in a delivered box, as well.     :dance:

It was great watching Klugman fight for a cause.

Eventually, he rarely appeared in an episode, other than for a few minutes.

It appears Klugman was ill, and they writers switched from murder investigation plots, to social issues, in order to keep the show alive.

Klugmen returned, at one point, and after a return to traditional murder investigation plots, the show began to include social issues, again.  

Health problems seemed to interfere with the natural development of the production, but even so, it was an excellent production, with an excellent actor.

The show appears to have become a platform for social and political progress, at the time.

It was difficult seeing a man with such a distinguishable voice, lose it.