JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

True because it was on the Internet..

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3209 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This one wasn't on the Internet it was a few years back and it was about the discovery of a human fish like creature (mermaid not disneylike either) i believed it because it was on Discovery a supposed documentary show. I ended up googling the 'scientists' who were actors! I was so embarrassed about how easily i was sucked in. Plus i told a few people and had to retract it

When I see those so-called warning posts (you know, "forward this to everyone you care about"), I ask whether is was in the news. And when it isn't, I ask whether friends who are not on Facebook, Twitter, etc., don't deserve to be warned. If the concern is real, would it not be reported on in the papers or on TV?

Don't believe everything you hear on the news either: i was a bit shocked because we had our RCThis weekend and there were several filmcrews of different networks. So Saturday evening i tuned in to see the news, we were on it, and after what i believed to be an 'okay'store about us, the newsreader added' : the Jehovah's believe that the end of the world is coming in the year 2034, but that year may change in the future... So even the news is no langer trustworthy. I couldnt believe my ears: 26000 Jehovah's witnesses attending and not one who is speaking of the end of the actual earth or putting a date on that, and still we end up on the news with completely wrong information.... Still we know that during these last days people will mock us, so i'm not that upset.

the newsreader added' : the Jehovah's believe that the end of the world is coming in the year 2034, but that year may change in the future...

That could have came from an interview with an attendee, given the widespread (unscriptural) speculation that "as the days of Noah were"  of Matthew 24:37 is a reference to the "120 years" of Genesis 6:3, apparently beginning in 1914.

That could have came from an interview with an attendee, given the widespread (unscriptural) speculation that "as the days of Noah were"  of Matthew 24:37 is a reference to the "120 years" of Genesis 6:3, apparently beginning in 1914.

Stavro, I don't doubt that some are speculating that, although I haven't heard anyone around me and I don't think it's so widespread. But do you really think some Witness would comment that to a journalist at the convention? It rather sounds like something our enemies would say or publish in their websites.

Stavro, I don't doubt that some are speculating that, although I haven't heard anyone around me and I don't think it's so widespread.

It's common enough that I've heard it mentioned by two different (substitute) COs, six months apart, as an example of what not to say at the door.

Wow. I haven't heard that one...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

:D

Apparently the Apostle James and John father was named Thunder, weren't they the sons of Thunder?

Just kidding!!!!

In the mid 70's I met a family in Nebraska whose last name was Case, they had a baby boy named Justin. Justin Case...

Years ago, on Johnny Carson's daytime quiz show, Mr Carson was interviewing a contestant. The contestant mentioned  his wife had recently had a baby and they named her  Cellardoor. When asked why, the contestant said when he found out his wife was expecting again, he said, "There goes my cellar door." I was about  6 then and did not know if facts from show were verified.