JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Album Covers and Double Meanings in Songs

....your move my brother.

I never thought this forum was a spectator sport. Wow, this is getting exciting!

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

And this is the point where we call time out in the spectator sport.

I made my point clear. If you want to go against the Slave, then that is up to YOU and OTHERS who support you too. Plus, I didn't refer to NO sites. What I mentioned is the names of songs by the Eagles. These songs give an indication who they really are. Mathew 15:18. Checkers, your move.

I do not know hold old some of you guys are, I have been at a convention in the 1980's,  that mentioned some of the lyrics of some of the these songs forwards and backwards, and NEVER  the names of the groups, yet I KNOW who they were. HOW?? Because I read a lot and have photographic memories too. So, are you guys are telling me that Slave had nothing to deal with this talk at the convention? Checkers your move.

Glenn, your point is crystal clear.  You have a list of songs or artists (or both) that you feel have connections to Satanism.  This is a list that has been compiled and added to for over 30 years.  You feel it is your purpose by this post to protect others from falling into Satan's snares.  

It is always a worthy goal to help your brother avoid Satan's snares.

However, your methods are approaching the point of bullying.  As the conversation turned away from your point of view, you twice lobbed the accusation that members here were acting as if they were turning against the Slave.  You're old enough, smart enough, and been on the Internet long enough to know that's like throwing gasoline onto a fire.  

This conversation has crossed the line of civility and entered the area of a flame war.  It's time to put an end to this madness.

For the record - the only source we can cite from the Faithful and Discreet Slave on the subject of music has already been posted.  

Do Jehovah's Witnesses ban certain songs?

Further research can be done on your own, perhaps for family worship, from these articles:

choosing: g 8/11 6-9; g 11/11 19; w03 12/1 21-22; w00 6/1 27-28; ip-1 348-349; g96 11/22 23; g92 6/8 18; w89 6/1 28-29
aspects to examine: g 8/11 7-9; yp2 255-256, 259-260; g 5/08 22; g96 11/22 23; w93 4/15 24; g93 3/22 14-15; g93 6/8 8-11

degrading music: g 8/12 4; w01 11/1 6; g99 10/8 3-4; g97 5/22 6; w94 5/15 17-18; w92 10/15 16
children exposed to: g01 6/8 28
radio station swears off broadcasting: g94 6/8 28
Witness deals with, at work: g02 12/8 31

Satanism in: w95 1/1 8; w89 9/15 30; g89 10/22 10; w88 9/1 6

Lastly, let's not continue having such arguments.  This is an upbuilding board and not a place to constantly put someone into "check, your move."  

We respect all of our brothers and sisters here.  We may not agree with their conscience choice on entertainment, but we all agree that we stand firm with our brothers and sisters and stand fast against the machinations of the devil.