JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Guardian Article on Jehovah's Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3203 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This was an interesting article. The writer was obviously trying to be objectionable in his overall view of the Witnesses, but fell upon some untrustworthy sources which ultimately skewed his opinion. And that is why the internet is a dangerous place, anyone can put unverified information online and others treat it as fact. 

I personally look forward to the JWs being banned - as Total Secularism arrives. ;)

This was a comment towards the top and I stopped reading when I read that one.  It made me smile to think that when banning religions takes effect---the only one it will not work on are the true witnesses of Jehovah!--Meaning to the public it may look like it is working,  when governments take our Kingdom Halls and facilities and we have no place to gather,  but to all  of Jehovah's children we know he will protect us spiritually.

I found the whole article to be derogatory.  Even what he wrote what were some true statements, it was done in such a derogatory manner as to put us in a bad light. The only thing I liked was his comment "before they turn us loose on the public"---LOL not that is right on. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

i too find the comments disparaging & he entire article written in a disrespectful theme.

that's ok. one day they will have to eat those words.   :toothbrush:

"... they rarely accost anyone" :S

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

This was an interesting article. The writer was obviously trying to be objectionable in his overall view of the Witnesses, but fell upon some untrustworthy sources which ultimately skewed his opinion. And that is why the internet is a dangerous place, anyone can put unverified information online and others treat it as fact. 

A Bible student that I was with today, said she was almost turned off by what she had found on the Internet. She was thankful, she had the good sense to ignore the apostate site.

A bonus: her sister listening in from the other room, asked the sister I was with for a study.  Hooray!

The guardian is known for being a hack garbage tabloid with little of no fact verification done. Dont even read the article.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

In case there's any question on how The Guardian views JWs, in a completely unrelated article they used the title as as an insult, based entirely on an apostate caricature of how JWs really act.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2015/jul/18/jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership-election

But sensible tactics don’t move the heart and you cannot explain why Corbyn is doing so well unless you understand the two distinct groups make up the new Labour party left.

The first are beyond saving: the political equivalent of Jehovah’s Witnesses. They dismiss all who bring uncomfortable news from the outside world as contaminated sources, who cannot be trusted.