JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When I book the airline for a cruise port I allow an extra day, provides a rest (I hate flying) and comfort of mind.

We try to do the same. If we fly from Calif to Florida for a Caribbean cruise, we will usually fly a day early and get a hotel for the night, a lot of hotels will provide a free shuttle to the airport. It also gives us a chance to add a bottle or two of wine to our carry on. My credit cards give us hotel points so we haven't paid for a room in years.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Let me know how the cruise from Houston is. We have some friends in Houston and we are thinking of taking them on a cruise after he retires.

We really would like to go, but its just too hot and so humid this time of year. The beckoning Pacific Northwest is mesmerically beautiful this time of year. 

We really would like to go, but its just too hot and so humid this time of year. The beckoning Pacific Northwest is mesmerically beautiful this time of year. 

Have you gone on any Alaskan cruises? We've done two in May and one in September and had mostly great weather every trip.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes!!! Our first Alaskan cruise last August, the weather exceptional, the scenery indescribable...but the wildlife tops it all !!!  takes your breathe away, pinching ourselves the whole way.

Would you recommend flying up and cruising down 1 way, or the inside passage round trip out of Seattle or Vancouver ? 

Yes!!! Our first Alaskan cruise last August, the weather exceptional, the scenery indescribable...but the wildlife tops it all !!!  takes your breathe away, pinching ourselves the whole way.

Would you recommend flying up and cruising down 1 way, or the inside passage round trip out of Seattle or Vancouver ? 

We try to avoid flying if possible because of the hassle and luggage weight restrictions. Two of our Alaska cruises were round trip from San Francisco and one of the trips we flew to Vancouver and departed in San Francisco. Make sure the itinerary includes Glacier Bay if you want to see a glacier.

Jerry, are you saying you're paying $636 per person to go from Houston to Barcelona, Spain?

This is kind of exciting.

Correct.

This may not have been the absolute best price, but was very satisfactory fit for our budget.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We try to avoid flying if possible because of the hassle and luggage weight restrictions. Two of our Alaska cruises were round trip from San Francisco and one of the trips we flew to Vancouver and departed in San Francisco. Make sure the itinerary includes Glacier Bay if you want to see a glacier.

Glacier Bay was beautiful, huge blue chunks breaking off, lots of big splashes! The Ship did a couple 360's     :)-D

We flew up to Anchorage and took the scenic train down embarking in Seward, then off to Glacier Bay, Haines, Juneau, Ketchikan, and the inside passage to Vancouver. Some day we would like to visit Sitka   (tu)

Glacier Bay was beautiful, huge blue chunks breaking off, lots of big splashes! The Ship did a couple 360's :)-D

We flew up to Anchorage and took the scenic train down embarking in Seward, then off to Glacier Bay, Haines, Juneau, Ketchikan, and the inside passage to Vancouver. Some day we would like to visit Sitka (tu)

We did the same - amazing! Sitka would be awesome to see also :thumbsup:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Glacier Bay was beautiful, huge blue chunks breaking off, lots of big splashes! The Ship did a couple 360's     :)-D

We flew up to Anchorage and took the scenic train down embarking in Seward, then off to Glacier Bay, Haines, Juneau, Ketchikan, and the inside passage to Vancouver. Some day we would like to visit Sitka   (tu)

We went to Sitka many years ago on one of the cruises and someone in group walking by called out to us, it turned out to be some of the entertainment staff from a Caribbean cruise we had taken the year before. They recognized us. Small world.

Our last Alaska cruise stopped in Skagway and we took the Whitehorse train up into the Yukon, beautiful!

One time were on the HAL Voolundam and it was a beautiful sunny day coming through the inner passage, the green hills were so close you could almost touch them. The ship opened the roof over the pool area so it was riding in a convertible with the top down. They had a 5 star chef grilling salmon by the pool. The drink of the day was a Blue Alaska. I ate so much salmon I started turning pink! (not really) It was a great trip.

We went to Sitka many years ago on one of the cruises and someone in group walking by called out to us, it turned out to be some of the entertainment staff from a Caribbean cruise we had taken the year before. They recognized us. Small world.

Our last Alaska cruise stopped in Skagway and we took the Whitehorse train up into the Yukon, beautiful!

Maybe next year Turtle...sounds like a wonderful trip. I'm heading to the San Juan Islands and the North Cascades in a couple of weeks, it's always pretty nice this time of year...and the freshly caught scrumptious seafood !   :rockon:

A sister had said she was taking a cruise to Panama. I was happy for her for deserves a break. What I found out though, that while she's indeed cruising to Panama, she's also going there as a Need Greater! (I think it's more like unassigned territory).

Anyway, that got me thinking (y'all know already don't cha? :)), that perhaps I can combine the two...unassigned territory with cruising or the other way around...cruising with unassigned territory. Either way...both. In the Caribbean somewhere. The sister will be away for 15 days. Wow! Of course this will have to be discussed with Jehovah, then the brothers.

Either way, I think I've found a sister to go with me on the cruise. :)