JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

110 degrees today.....

Ok' date=' so now this thread has become a "Beer Thread":offtopic: i know it's hot but..........Can I have a cold Heineken!!;)[/quote'] Wish I could have one.

41026=1668-Beer_mug_2.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Of the ones listed so far, I can also enjoy the Heineken. I used to be a big Corona and a lime person, but lately have lost my taste for it.

Dos Equis is another good one.

I bought this variety pack at Sams Club that had Dos Equis, Dos Equis light (or amber or something), Tecate, and S.O.L. - the latter two I have never heard of.

The Tecate was alright, but if the S.O.L. is all that was available to drink, that's exactly how I would feel :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I think there is a point to ice-cold drinks as being refreshing, but ice-cold water will do that job. The flavour of a beer is lost when it is served ice-cold. A lager type beer needs to be just a few degrees above freezing, cold but not ice-cold, so that you can taste it.

Michael, I don't know where you were served lukewarm beer in the UK, but they need dealing with! Proper English cask ale should be about 11-13 degrees C. I always look out for the Cask Marque.

http://cask-marque.co.uk/consumer/great-pint-and-how-to-spot-it.html

The one where I go for the brew that refreshes is this;

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-moon-under-water-hounslow

The Tecate was alright, but if the S.O.L. is all that was available to drink, that's exactly how I would feel :P

Yes, that can be a very prophetic name!

It's funny how your taste change over time. I used to really be into Dos Equis, now I can just tolerate it. I don't like beers with an "aftertaste" that stays with you after you finish the bottle. I find neither Foster's or Corona have that. I used to like Miller "High-life" but you can't find that in bottles so much anymore and I refuse to drink canned beer, I can taste the aluminium. I will also sample some beers from local breweries. Sometimes you come across a really good one, then the only problem is finding it again.

I think there is a point to ice-cold drinks as being refreshing, but ice-cold water will do that job. The flavour of a beer is lost when it is served ice-cold. A lager type beer needs to be just a few degrees above freezing, cold but not ice-cold, so that you can taste it.

Michael, I don't know where you were served lukewarm beer in the UK, but they need dealing with! Proper English cask ale should be about 11-13 degrees C. I always look out for the Cask Marque.

http://cask-marque.co.uk/consumer/great-pint-and-how-to-spot-it.html

The one where I go for the brew that refreshes is this;

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-moon-under-water-hounslow

Thank you for the "heads up" or should I say "bottoms up".:D I have to confess Christopher that I don't drink a whole lot of beer or even know much about it's finer qualities, other than when it's 110 degrees here, anything wet and ice cold is a life saver. On the other hand the last time we where together with the family, the former Budweiser driver pulled out Old Milwaukee, which is rot gut, bottom of the barrel, that only the winos can afford. Hope I'm note offending anybody here.

As far as the Brits drinking warm ale, It's just an old wives tale, Yankee fable, urban myth and legend, I haven't had the opportunity to visit the UK yet, but we have been talking about attending an assembly there, so when we do, we will invite you and the Mrs. out to swap stories and have a fine quality cold pint at The Moon under the Water,:)-D

As far as the Brits drinking warm ale, It's just an old wives tale, Yankee fable, urban myth and legend, I haven't had the opportunity to visit the UK yet, but we have been talking about attending an assembly there, so when we do, we will invite you and the Mrs. out to swap stories and have a fine quality cold pint at The Moon under the Water,:)-D

Now that's an offer I can't refuse! :)-D

• 3 years later...

With all this talk of beer it begs the question would brewing beer as a hobby be an appropriate thing to do?

Of course, if doing so is legal.
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....