JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cthulhu's Witnesses

This morning a friend of mine was out in service and met this sign on a door. It says:

In this home we are Cthulu's Witnesses.

We don't accept advertizing of any inferior gods. If you knock on our door with the intention of changing our beliefs we will sacrifice you and feed you to mighty Cthulhu.

:lol2:

[Cthulhu is an evil deity in the works of H. P. Lovecraft, who has a lot of freaky fans.]

Would you have called? The brother did, because he reasoned that Jehovah is not an inferior god, so the sign was not for him. As far as I know he's still alive. Or at least he had the time to send me the picture before Cthulhu ate him. :lol1:

post-3805-0-40120200-1439027845_thumb.jp

I would knock.  I would ask them why they believe that Cthulhu is the best god, because if he is, then they surely would want me to believe in him.  If they are his Witnesses, what is their evidence?  I am not seeking to change their beliefs - indeed I cannot do that - but why should I believe in their god?

I would knock.  I would ask them why they believe that Cthulhu is the best god, because if he is, then they surely would want me to believe in him.  If they are his Witnesses, what is their evidence?  I am not seeking to change their beliefs - indeed I cannot do that - but why should I believe in their god?

Interesting thought but doesn't that mean that you are asking them to teach you about their god?

I like Paul's approach, instead of trying to talk about the false gods, he focused on talking about the true God. You could tell the HH that you would like to show them that Jehovah is not an inferior God.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I found this. The sign may be a joke based on this short film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3093510/

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Would be intersting to hear them reply to the question, "do you find it odd, that people all over the world feel the deep need to worship somehing, be it live, or dead?"

Do they know that it speaks of that need in the Bible?

........Just a thought people........

Edited by MizPeg

Interesting thought but doesn't that mean that you are asking them to teach you about their god?

I like Paul's approach, instead of trying to talk about the false gods, he focused on talking about the true God. You could tell the HH that you would like to show them that Jehovah is not an inferior God.

I would like to focus on the good news of God’s Kingdom as was mentioned in 2014 international conventions. They should have an opportunity to hear what it would mean to be a subject of that versus what's being put on that door. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I find it quite hilarious, especially for anyone who knows the character.

Obviously they are not Cthulhu worshippers, it's just a joke to keep Witnesses away, and taking it seriously won't help you to get their attention. So I think I would knock and tell them I am not there to change their beliefs, I just saw their sign and couldn't leave without congratulating them for their sense of humor. Any subject is good to make a common ground. Depending on how the discussion goes, I would ask what do you think about... [any current problem in the neighborhood] and continue the discussion normally.