JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wireless data/wifi...Verizon

I have Verizon as my cell carrier, and I really have no problem with them outside of the fact that they're a business and businesses like to make money. Period.

I've recently upgraded my cell this month and the rep who served me actually saved me some money (he said I was paying too much and based on what I call a prebill, he was right).

But here's the thing. Last night I checked my data usage and it's slowly dwindling. I couldn't understand it because I also have wifi. So the researcher I am I went online and found out a trick of their trade. (Don't forget, they're a business).

According to their own information online, data usage can go down the drain through videos, etc. But, again, I have wifi.

I kept on searching and lo and behold! I found out how I can use both to my advantage. It's so simple I should be ashamed of myself.

Settings>data usage=turn it off.

This will cause you, if you have to and want to use the Internet/videos/email, etc outside, to use your wifi Now if you already have wifi at home you don't have to turn the data back on unless you just want to (which I don't want to since I have it at home which is why I'm able to "talk" with you guys right now).

But of course if you're out and need internet you need a connection right? There's a hotel here in NYC (Marriott). They have free public wifi (for one day which is still good considering). That's what I used to watch the video for this week's service meeting. (I'm going to look at it again on the tablet to answer the questions...via my wifi at home).

Not trying to brag here but I'm feeling a little proud of myself for finding out all of this. On google, someone wrote in about how Verizon is making money off people and not really letting them know about this. Imagine: paying for data usage yet all the while you have wifi and so is paying for that too! I mean, you're still going to have to pay for both yet why should your data be eaten up when you have wifi? Makes no sense!

I hope I made sense here though. Lol. :)