JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jalapeno Poppers

Just been craving Jalapeno Poppers, I like the slight burn, love creamy cheese and the crunch when you bite into it. So would like to make a couple to be sure I like them first and then make a whole bunch of them while the peppers are in season. Perhaps make banana peppers too. 

The way it's done is here.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

FYI- I'm heading in the kitchen now to make them. And jalapeno corn dogs too!! 

MMMMmmmmm.....corn dogs........

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Well, I found out I don't like to make them. Wouldn't know if I hadn't done it. The batter bubbles off some of them, don't know why. Most fried up just fine though. But the batter didn't have sugar so it's just 'ok' and not all that wonderful. I did get the jalapenos sliced open and the seeds removed then stuffed with cream cheese. Got too tired so will finish the jalapeno poppers tomorrow. They'll have to be frozen for a while before I fry them up. So we'll see what happens with them tomorrow.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

You guys enjoy them, think I may have to make a jalapeño run lol lol

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

How do you make a jalapeno run?

They don't have legs.... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

How do you make a jalapeno run?

They don't have legs.... :D

Apparently some of them do have legs!!!

post-574-0-90534300-1440820399.jpg

I breaded the stuffed Jalapeno's in flour then milk then bread crumbs and froze overnight.  I then put 3 at a time in FoodSaver bags and put back in the freezer. Commercially prepared ones are VERY small, these are whole BIG jalapeno's. I'm looking forward to big jalapeno's. I might try this in banana peppers too. I have to fry some up to see if I like them first. I hope I'm not disappointed like the corn dogs! Gonna make a fry sauce with horseradish for the corn dogs, mustard wasn't enough to disguise the corn meal, which I usually don't like. 

Do they taste better with beer?

Have you tried a beer batter?

Is beer batter better?

I did get a real good beer batter recipe and thought about it....for 5 seconds. I was disappointed in the whole thing, not just the breading. And it HAS to be real good for me to eat fried anything. 

I know how you  feel.

I like fried onion rings but seldom get them to be like I want them.

I can make good Scottish Eggs but my fried chicken does not come out like the Colonel's

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Hmmm, Drakes, never heard of it. When working in restaurants we had a dry breading, don't remember the name of it right now. But we'd go in the bar and get some draft beer and add to it. Made a real good breading when it was thinner. It wasn't much different than a flour/season salt and pepper with a wheatey beer- that's the recipe I'm trying soon. When I get over the poppers/corndogs fiasco!