JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Suggestions to improve JWLibrary

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3153 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Adding inline comments like you could on the old Equipd.

Option to have chapter overview at the beginning of each chapter.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I would like a 'keep awake' option. I have to constantly touch the screen on my phone to keep it from fading. Moon Reader has a 'keep awake' option.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On the Android phone you can slide the menu bar over from the left side to get to the Bible from anywhere else.

The problem is going back ;)

You can also set bookmarks at a particular verse or a particular paragraph in a publication and the use the History to switch back.

That's a good workaround ;)

Also, in Windows touch Home and you have the Bible and a Frequently Used tiles which has my songbook, MS book, Draw Close book, current WT and KM.

How do you do that?

Option to have chapter overview at the beginning of each chapter.

don't we have that already?

I would like a 'keep awake' option. I have to constantly touch the screen on my phone to keep it from fading. Moon Reader has a 'keep awake' option.

That's a very nice one ;)
Edited by jayrtom

Also, in Windows touch Home and you have the Bible and a Frequently Used tiles which has my songbook, MS book, Draw Close book, current WT and KM.

How do you do that?

It is just a list of the recently used items, it is not configurable.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It would be nice if the menu on the left was configurable and you could pin publications to it. I would like to be able to pin the current Bible study publication, WT and KM.

On the Android phone you can slide the menu bar over from the left side to get to the Bible from anywhere else. You can also set bookmarks at a particular verse or a particular paragraph in a publication and the use the History to switch back.

what about a pop-up window or widget with the current month's

presentations & scriptures to read at the door?

it could be added to Joao's 'favorite' tab.

most of the friends cut out the presentation from OKM and clip in their bible-

i take a screenshot of it but it is a hassle to get to it...

within the app would be more handy.

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

You can certainly contact the developers for the app. My suggestion was allowing JW library to work in m u lti-window (multitasking) mode. I believe that is only an option for us Android users at this point but basically that function would allow those of us that use our tablets/phones to do the Watchtower or Book Study pubs to have that pub open and the JW Library opened side by side much like the multiple window function on a PC. I initially emailed the team they respond and kindly sent me back a form to use for bug reports and suggestions, they also included one for JW Sign Language.

JW Library: https://www.formstack.com/forms/watchtower-jw_library

JW Sign Language: https://www.formstack.com/forms/watchtower-jw_library_sign_language

Happy suggesting! :)

I would like to see a widget for the videos, allowing you to choose a theme for each widget by type. I would particularly like to have widgets for the following types:

Tools for the ministry.

Become Jehovah's friend.

Whiteboard animations.

I believe those would be handy in the ministry.

In the meantime, I'm using a video player called SR player from the Google Playstore. It looks like this:

post-3864-144116115411_thumb.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk