JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Suggestions to improve JWLibrary

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3159 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have some suggestions that I think would be very good if implemented on the app.

Others can add theirs and hopefully someone knows how to send those suggestions to the team spring on the software ;)

Audio

I think the audio (mainly the songs) should play on the background or on a floating mini player

That way we could read the lyrics or any other pub while listing

Video

There should be an option to resume the last position of the video. For big videos I don't always see everything at once and later have to manually search the aproximate place I was...

Now it starts always at the beginning

The songbook should be an option on the main screen right beside the bible and daily test

Now we need to go to publications /books /songbook to pick the song to sing

Maybe a favorites option also. We could put there all the books we use more frequently, like the be, draw close, bible teach ... Ministerial vídeos, etc... (books mixed with audio and video)

A floating balloon to takes us to the Bible from anyware (like the plus option on the material design of Android lollipop)

The Bible would open in a pop-up so that we could close and return to the exact place we where

Now, when reading some pub and going to the Bible, going back takes us always to the top of the pub and not to the exact location... and we need to press the history button or press back several times

Widget with the daily text

Now, what's your ideas of improvement ;)

Edited by jayrtom

these are super ideas :idea:

* esp love the 'favorites' option and daily text widget   :yes:

i have high hopes that among the spiritual surprises we receive at our Annual Meeting

will include highlighting text & note taking in the JW app   :popcorn:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Highlighting and making notes is what I reeaaally wish for right now!

That's definitely the most important thing missing but already acknowledged by the brothers since day one ;)

we're all waiting (im)patiently for it

i have high hopes that among the spiritual surprises we receive at our Annual Meeting

will include highlighting text & note taking in the JW app opcorn:

I think so to ;)

almost one month to see it...

Enviado do meu LG-D802 através de Tapatalk

perhaps the new scrolls will be only compatible with the Rock Tab 3.0 (long awaited evolution to the Rock Tab's 1 & 2) ;) lol

I heard they would be available on the iPapyrus first...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I do love to listen to our publications. Especially the magazines. I would like to see the option to download these and listen to these in the app.

And an option to listen to all the songs. Now I have to press one song and when it is finished I must press another one. Perhaps something like on the broadcast: Play all and Shuffle. Would be nice if it keeps running on the background while reading or studying another publication.

I'll like the option to change the app itself language. Eg.: if your phone, tablet, etc. default language is in English, your app language is in English, though you can download publications in Spanish. The only way now to change the app language is to change your phone language.

I'm not familiair with Android or Apple, but in Windows there is an option if you are on a page with a publication (Bible or other publications) and you rightclick, a bar appears below where you can change the language (Below left). No need to change your system language. It works in windows 8.1 by swiping from below to the center of the screen. Or if you have a mouse, simply rightclick anywhere on your screen. I haven't found how to do it in Windows 10 without a mouse. (Swiping doesn't work)

I have not been able to figure out how to cut and paste several scriptures at a time. I can do it from the new Equipped app, but not from any app that offers the NWT.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Funny, I have no problem finding the spot in video where I've left off viewing, perhaps because I download the video before viewing it? I just move the circle on the line that has the "pause/play" button at the bottom of the screen to where I want it and it starts up at the place that I put it. Or were you (Jayrtom) thinking of something more precise?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I'm not familiair with Android or Apple, but in Windows there is an option if you are on a page with a publication (Bible or other publications) and you rightclick, a bar appears below where you can change the language (Below left). No need to change your system language. It works in windows 8.1 by swiping from below to the center of the screen. Or if you have a mouse, simply rightclick anywhere on your screen. I haven't found how to do it in Windows 10 without a mouse. (Swiping doesn't work)

In Windows 10, either use the menu button in the top left corner.  Or if you are in full screen tablet mode, give a little swipe down  from the top, this will bring up the menu bar at the bottom, and a little button on the top.   Pulling down that little button will show the title bar, and menu button in the corner (the old charms bar).

Funny, I have no problem finding the spot in video where I've left off viewing, perhaps because I download the video before viewing it? I just move the circle on the line that has the "pause/play" button at the bottom of the screen to where I want it and it starts up at the place that I put it. Or were you (Jayrtom) thinking of something more precise?

For example of you were viewing the Gilead graduation on your 2h30 when you want to go back it's very hard to go to the spot you were previously (granted that you remember it ;))

I was thinking on something similar to MxPlayer - when you click on a video it asks if you want to start from the beginning or from last position... It goes to the place immediately and no need to search for it

Try that on mxplayer ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad) and you'll see the difference

The History icon shows me everywhere I have been..makes it easy to go back!

I know, but for example on a chapter of 30 paragraphs, and you're on the 28th, after clicking two times using history you just go back to the beginning of the chapter not the 28th §
Edited by jayrtom

A floating balloon to takes us to the Bible from anyware (like the plus option on the material design of Android lollipop)

The Bible would open in a pop-up so that we could close and return to the exact place we where

Now, when reading some pub and going to the Bible, going back takes us always to the top of the pub and not to the exact location... and we need to press the history button or press back several times

On the Android phone you can slide the menu bar over from the left side to get to the Bible from anywhere else. You can also set bookmarks at a particular verse or a particular paragraph in a publication and the use the History to switch back.

Also, in Windows touch Home and you have the Bible and a Frequently Used tiles which has my songbook, MS book, Draw Close book, current WT and KM.