JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone into Photography

(Edited)...

I've own several cameras over the years and my latest one is the Nikon D3100 ( a beginners camera.)  I have beautiful photos I had taken in my long-past travels , from the beautiful sunrise/sunsets in Oahu to the majestic Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe to a heart-tugging giraffe orphanage in Nairobi.  Nikon does live up to its' reputation I admit.  And too,  I managed to obtain a couple of good lenses along the way and used them mainly for landscape shooting.  (Autumn foilage, city backdrops, Bethel buildings, etc.)  Jehovah willing, soon as I get on my feet again, I'll be back out in "the great outdoors" again.

From a photographer's perspective, I  :heart:  Fall colors!  :) 

9 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Oh great...NOW you tell me!!  lol

For what it's worth Brother I LOVE the art of photography (since my pre-teen years.)

I just invested in Canon 7D m 2 and can't wait to dive in into action photography 10 frames per second ! Excited !

finally I can shoot without breaking neutrality stand LOL :ecstatic:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Greg, how can I resize my Nikon D3100 photos so as to upload them in the forum?  JWT has a maximum limit I know.  Is there an app that can do this? Please advise.

Not Greg, and not sure if this will help you or not. I have used this program a lot when our laptop was working,  I haven't used it with my tablet,  not even sure if it works with tablets or not.

lol, I was just proofing my post and it looks like an awful lot of caveats...I hope this helps. ..

https://www.google.com/search?q=IrfanView&oq=IrfanView&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.6543j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

8 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Greg, how can I resize my Nikon D3100 photos so as to upload them in the forum?  JWT has a maximum limit I know.  Is there an app that can do this? Please advise.

What are of computer are you storing your pictures on, PC or Apple?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Bro. Jerry, I currently have hundreds of beautiful landscape photos on my Win PC and wanted to share a few of them here.

For my Windows 10 PC I use Paint.net. I like it because when you resize you can do it directly in inches cetimeters instead of pixels.

It is a free download that competes with Windows Paint. Used it for years, no ads.

http://www.picresize.com/  can be used. There are many programs out there, I like Paint.net because I am not after special effects, just resize, though it works good for memes.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 04/02/2017 at 7:04 PM, Omo_Yeme said:

Picassa is the easiest but you'll loose quality which is acceptable for this forum 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)