JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study finds Alzheimer's spreads person to person & possibly thru blood transfusion and more

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3118 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You are missing the point.

Ebola is, in fact, a virus. We get viruses all the time. But depending on how strong your immune system is, that will determine whether or not a virus will be dealt with effectively or not by your immune system. If it is weak or compromised, then the virus gains strength and overcomes the body.

My point is, although only Jehovah's Kingdom will remove all diseases and sicknesses PERMANENTLY, there is MUCH that you can do now to take care of your body and avoid MANY of those diseases in the first place. Why not do what you can control to avoid them when it's in your power? Only YOU can decide what is put in your body, whether that is food OR medication.

I do agree with what you say and like many others, I strive to eat well, exercise, and take a variety of vitamins and nutritional supplements. That being said, if I get a little wound up when speaking about such things to others, I notice that I get about the same reaction as I get at the door when perhaps a bit overzealous about trying to make a reluctant householder see my point of view. :)

Some of the posts in this topic seem to be more opinion based instead of fact based. I'd love to see some facts backing up some of the strong opinions that are being presented.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Some of the posts in this topic seem to be more opinion based instead of fact based. I'd love to see some facts backing up some of the strong opinions that are being presented.

Well, as for my post, I actually meant to say that I agreed with *some* of what the other poster said insofar as trying to take *some* responsibility for our own health. Didn't notice that I left that out in my original reply. Beyond that, a lot of things health-wise absolutely ARE out of our control. My point was that being a bit overzealous about health issues, however well-intentioned, can sometimes have the same effect as being a bit overzealous with a householder who really isn't interested.

Hope that makes sense.

Some diseases are caused by bacteria that can be treated by antibiotics etc, others caused by viruses can be treated a variety of ways but some diseases are linked to a mess up in a persons genetic makeup. For example, I have the kidney disease Cystinuria which is caused by an enzyme deificency. Sincere there is a mess up in the DNA lettering it cannot be fixed with minerals or vitamins. Some medical professionals are looking into stem cell and blood related transplants to possibly fix the DNA error in the future, but that's not an option for me either so I have to stay on meds and wait for Jehovah to fix my broken body. ☺️

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

My point was that being a bit overzealous about health issues, however well-intentioned, can sometimes have the same effect as being a bit overzealous with a householder who really isn't interested.

Agreed. I wasn't referring to your post  :)

Some of the posts included ALL CAPS and that usually indicates that someone is yelling, which means they want to be heard because they have a strong opinion. I think if someone presents a strong opinion, they should present strong facts to support that opinion.

You are right, if we go to someones door and yell our opinion at them without ever opening the Bible, no one would ever be interested.  :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Every time there is a topic posted on disease I notice it is very emotional topic. I think it is because the fact is that diseases are one of the worst imperfections we were passed down. No one knows for sure what will work for each person and even the professionals are known as

"practicing medicine" with all their education and practice. It is scary to be sick for so many reasons and no one in any statis position on earth is able to keep from getting sick.

So, is there a topic on healthy alternative eating and vitamin and mineral ideas? Someone who is good at this could start one maybe.

I realize that what I said is controversial. I used to believe some of the conventional medical wisdom too, until I became informed. You just don't know what you don't know.

It can be likened to when we meet someone in the ministry who is adamant that their false beliefs are true. They have believed them for years and don't want to believe otherwise, but you know otherwise.  It is not until they take the time to investigate that they discover that they have been duped. Only those who really want to know the truth and are open minded will seek it out.

I have hours of lectures with slides and cites. If anyone truly wants to know what I know, you can PM me, as some of you already have.  The evidence is just too much to put here.

That is what I am saying here. The medical system is corrupt. Doctors are only given 30 minutes of Nutrition in medical school. The medical doctor is taught to treat the body like it can be compartmentalized, and they use pharmaceuticals to MANAGE THE SYMPTOMS. So don't believe everything your doctor says!  Take charge of your OWN health and investigate and question everything!

When I use all caps, I am striving for emphasis, not yelling. I am passionate about helping others get well, so I do get excited sometimes, but it is coming from a good place.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Edited by zoebarry

Sister, as somebody who is now working in the field of research for an ultra-rare bone disease, I'd say you should no say everything is corrupt.

The american medical system is, without any doubt, far from perfect (and so expensive, health care is basically 'free' in France) but I highly doubt there is a global conspiracy. You cannot heal everything with a good nutrition.

Honest-hearted scientist are devoting their life to research of cure for orphan disease and that's great.

Of course, the best cure will be in paradise.

I am passionate about helping others get well

That's admirable. Remember that the Slave advised us not to be too verbose in this regard.

I swear I have it! I do. I look for my glasses and they're on my face. I look for my keys and they're in my hands. I lay down a pen and just as soon as I do, I forget where. And that's just the small stuff.

My mother, her mother and sisters had it. I'm hopeless! Lol.

Edited by Luezette

Luezette, We all do this, but there several things we can do to help.

1. When I put down my hammer I say to myself "I put the hammer down here". I won't usually forget this since I purposely said that.

2 Make sure that you don't put something larger on top of something smaller!  This guarantees you won't find it. Pick up the smaller item and put the larger item down and replace the smaller item

By following these it  will really help.

The hardest thing is to talk to yourself. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I really appreciate Sister Grace post(s)

And...Luezette - been there and done that!  LOL

I agree with Brother Lee - I have often times had to reminded myself of present things.

Now, I strive to keep in the moment - this has been very helpful proven a great aid to me. 

It has been my experience that a lot of my own forgetfulness is triggered by not being present &

mindful of surroundings, etc...quickly moving from one thing to another and not being in the moment! 

Auto pilot sort of thing!  LOL

Not...Feeling and experiencing things as we go along daily routines ...sigh!!!

We are so busy with multi-tasking in our heads!  We forget a lot!

At the meeting, I am so appreciative for the brothers reminders from

the platform in prayer that our everyday life anxieties and stresses leave

us so that we can sit back and enjoy the meeting...and even then sometimes...

I find myself saying "Come back lady"  Pay attention.. Listen!!! :uhhuh:

Edited by CyreJay