JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I met my granddaughter for the first time

I got to meet this little sweetie for the first time last week. They moved back from LA two weeks ago! She is two and the youngest of 4, three boys age 8,15 and 17. My daughter moved back for help. She just had her first oncologist appt last week and will be scheduled for surgery and a plan of care. She is 37. Please remember her in your prayers to our Father!

post-717-0-35526500-1443571787_thumb.jpg

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

She was excited to get the boots and does not want to take them off her little feet.  Only after she went to sleep could they be removed.  She wears them with everything.  Someone was talking about her boots just prior to the photo being snapped.  She cut her eyes ever so sharply to see who it was and give them a evil look.  The caption read "Are you talking about my boots?"

LeslieDean

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! It is tomorrow. Last week the doc said her CT scan showed 'lesions' in her liver. She has never drank so this is very worrisome to me. By this time tomorrow we should know the outcome of her surgery.

LeslieDean

Sending prayers and love Leslie, what is your daughters name so we can be specific

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

How did your daughter's surgery go?

I just found out that my oldest daughter has cervical cancer, she just had her first shot of chemo. They also did a biopsy of a cyst on her ovaries, haven't gotten the results on that yet. 

My daughter has decided to move out here with us for her surgery and hopefully all goes well and she and my grandson will stay after her surgery. 

Nicki went in to surgery at 1030 and got out at 6:30 --8 1/2 hr surgery.  The tumor had encompassed uterus, tubes and ovaries, was attached to kidney, liver, gall bladder and appendix.  Complete hysterectomy and removal of GB and appendix.  They will watch her kidney function and make sure she has no acute kidney injury.  Will start her on hormone replacement.  BENIGN!!!  Will be in ICU till tomorrow then out to surg floor --hopefully home Friday evening or Saturday.  I'm exhausted emotionally but it appears to be good news.

LeslieDean

Last week, prior to my daughters surgery, she needed to go by her sons school and talk to the principal about the delay in transferring her sons transcripts from LA.  It seems it is easy to revert back to feeling like a kid in a principals office.  As my daughter and I sat there quietly in his office awaiting his arrival Layla was standing up between our two chairs mumbling to herself.  The principal came in, introduced himself and sat behind his desk fully engaged in light conversation.  We could hear Layla in the background saying "tissue Mommy" and Nicki would take her hand to shhhhh her to be quiet not paying any attention to her.  We were both intent on listening to the principal and making a good impression.  Then, we both noticed the principal looking at Layla with curiosity, then it changed to wide eyed look, then he turned beet red.  Nicki and I both looked down at Layla at the same time to our horror and embarrassment to find she had gotten into Nicki's purse and pulled out the worlds biggest kotex and had it stuck on the side of her little face!  Nicki shrieked and went to grab it and the adhesive strip stuck to her hand, then her other hand and back and forth.  She looked like she had a feather and honey and she could just not get it off her hands.  When we walked out of his office shortly afterwards we looked at each other and burst out laughing.  Funny thing I thought you might enjoy.

LeslieDean

Who is her oncologist?  Glad she  will BE BACK WITH YOU!  Thanks for asking.  When will she be here?

She is transferring her info to the women's clinic in Fayetteville, I don't know the drs. name. Last week she had her first chemo shot. 

She is planning to be here Nov 4th. 

Your last post had Bill just cracking up. We were waiting in the waiting room for his knee scope this morning and we both read your post together and he was dying laughing in the waiting room. I just kept telling him "only to Leslie, do these things happen to". lol

Yes you would love her, she is very much a people person. Her son, my grandson is 10yrs old. She will stay with friends until she can get her own place, we weren't able to let her stay here because my son and his wife and my 1 1/2 yr old grandson are living in the house and we have moved to the rv. 

I got to meet this little sweetie for the first time last week. They moved back from LA two weeks ago! She is two and the youngest of 4, three boys age 8,15 and 17. My daughter moved back for help. She just had her first oncologist appt last week and will be scheduled for surgery and a plan of care. She is 37. Please remember her in your prayers to our Father!

I was trying to post a picture of my little grandson who will be two years old this December. Like you Leslie Dean,I have not seen him personally yet. He is in CA, hopefully I will get to see him before this year is out.

I am glad to know that I am not the only grandma that hasn't seen a grandchild in person until after two years.

post-3805-0-76484100-1444900391_thumb.jp

Edited by carlos

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.