JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Flooding in South Carolina, USA

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3113 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

As extensive and devastating as the floods  have been I hope the organization puts up some news about them on JW.org. I

would imagine they have asked a number of the LBCs for rescue and relief. Also to the extent they can, begin making repairs

and rebuilding. As widespread as this flooding has been I can only imagine it has affected quite a number of  brothers and

sisters. And damaged a number of Kingdom Halls.

GStorrs

I have family from 6 states scheduled to check in to rentals on Edisto beach today. The rental companies refuse to refund 2 of the 3 cabins, with all this going on. I told them i live in this area and i dont want my family traveling to this area. Roads are flooded. Beach is contaminated. Scum everywhere. Rivers flooding for next 10 days. I think its pretty innappropriate. What are we supposed to do, sit in a house and do nothing for a week! The agreement was we could be refunded if there was a disaster or event like this. They say the cabin is accessible and we cant cancel! Ridiculous.

My sister-in-law's sister lives just outside Columbia and said their back yard is a lake

Before too much repair can take place the flood water has to recede

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~