JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3073 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I haven't been using my Roku for about a year and a half, now.  

Not enough signal strength so it won't load.  

Just for curiosity's sake, I turned it on and ran a check on new channels.

I came across KH Recordings:

KH Recordings version 1.0  

Oct. 15, 2015

KH Recordings Player is a channel designed for congregations of

Jehovah's Witnesses to listen back to recordings from their

local kingdom hall.  Up to two weeks are available in high 

quality audio format.

You have to login with a congregation user name.

Says it's meant to connect the elderly and infirm to the meetings.

Ask a member of the body of elders in your congregation to visit

www.khrecordings.com to get in contact with us.

We already have the phone tie-in system in place in our Hall.

But, sometimes the phone lines don't work.  Also, can't always

be by a phone while the meetings are taking place. (Sometimes

I have to be on a tractor.)  So, having the local meetings available

to listen in on at my leisure might come in handy, at that.

Another problem might be that the brother in the sound department

only records special talks, like during our C.O.'s visits.

Anybody else aware of this new Roku channel?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It looks like a system similar to KHConf.

However this one is internet only.  A listener would need to be on the internet and use a PC or app or the Roku channel.  No phone option, that would put congregations off from using it, and I can't see congregations using / paying for 2 systems .  The option to listen to recordings later sounds good though.  KHConf doesn't provide that feature.

My hall had a trial run of a similar service (hosted on my servers so there was no monthly cost).

In our case, as soon as the recordings became known (by word of mouth, not announcements), total attendance dropped to fifty (110 average) and phone attendance dropped to two (12 average).

What apparently happened was those who qualified for the recordings were sharing the password, which they had been asked not to share, and others were listening to the recordings in place of their FW and using the evenings and weekends for work or family activities.

That's just not right

I can tell you that listening to a meeting, is no where near as good as being there. Jehovah's Holy Spirit is at the meetings!

I agree inpart.

I like to think that his spirit is with the ones listening in, IF they have sound reason to stay home. After all making conferencing available is a direction from the FS.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

It should be noted that this is not a "general use" Roku channel.

The recorded meetings that can be accessed only come from Congregations that subscribe to the KHRecording service. A service similar to KNConf and MyMeetings.

So, unless your Congregation is using this service, your local meetings will not be available on this "channel"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

My hall had a trial run of a similar service (hosted on my servers so there was no monthly cost).

In our case, as soon as the recordings became known (by word of mouth, not announcements), total attendance dropped to fifty (110 average) and phone attendance dropped to two (12 average).

What apparently happened was those who qualified for the recordings were sharing the password, which they had been asked not to share, and others were listening to the recordings in place of their FW and using the evenings and weekends for work or family activities.

da intended became bums and kill'd it for all who needed it