JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3072 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here is a little historic treat for you. Brother Rutherford speaks from Madison Square Garden in 1939 in a talk entitled “Government and Peace.” (1 hour) At around the 25-minute mark, you can hear opposers in the background trying to interrupt the program, but to no avail. What a powerful speaker he was!

Here is a little historic treat for you. Brother Rutherford speaks from Madison Square Garden in 1939 in a talk entitled “Government and Peace.” (1 hour) At around the 25-minute mark, you can hear opposers in the background trying to interrupt the program, but to no avail. What a powerful speaker he was!

I heard this along time ago. If I'm right it happened on June 25, 1939. It was believed that Charles Coughlin was behind this and Rutherford called them Coughlinites. It was a big mess. 

I heard this along time ago. If I'm right it happened on June 25, 1939. It was believed that Charles Coughlin was behind this and Rutherford called them Coughlinites. It was a big mess. 

You're right about Coughlin, and about the date. It mentions him in the Proclaimers book, page 658 (last paragraph), and the Watchtower of December 1, 1995, page 21 (last two paragraphs).

You're right about Coughlin, and about the date. It mentions him in the Proclaimers book, page 658 (last paragraph), and the Watchtower of December 1, 1995, page 21 (last two paragraphs).

Ohhh goodie, something to go look up!!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I down loaded this and the wife and I listened to it this morning while getting ready for service (visited the old congregation because they have circuit overseer). The wife said "I need to here that again. Someone needs to do that talk now, people need to hear that because he was so direct." Then we just started talking about how the times are different because we are encouraged to be more tactful now. Back then they had to be more direct, forceful. But she truly feels some (most) people today need to be hit with that tornado of a talk.

Woww! I'm really glad I posted this talk (see the first post). It's turned out to be very popular. I uploaded it to a site that tells me whenever someone listens to or downloads it. As of this moment, 205 people have listened to it since I put it online Tuesday, with three of them listening to it during the last hour. Among those, 11 of them have decided to download it to keep if for future generations (or maybe just to listen to later).

Is this the talk referred to in the Faith In Action videos?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)