JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mexican Shepherd's Pie

Tried an experiment today.

Made a Mexican Shepherd's Pie, my way from scratch.

Fed to my youngest son who is visiting. M :eat: :eat: :eat: mmmm :omg:(tu)

I see I have to shrink my pictures down a bit.

post-5252-0-09100500-1451256158_thumb.jp

Broiled last 3 minutes to brown the spuds post-5252-0-32357600-1451256179_thumb.jp

Minus 3 servingspost-5252-0-49533100-1451256206_thumb.jp

Made with Taco Bell style hamburg mix with peas and corn and 1/4 cup hot salsa.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I used a clone recipe for taco bell mix, plus added the peas & corn, one whole chopped onion and 1/4 cup hot salsa.

Should have added 1/2 cup or even 1 cup salsa to hamburger mix. Added onions and salsa after mix just about cooked.

Baked in 350 F oven for 1 hour then broiled top to brown it. Cheese is optional.

Tried an experiment today.

Made a Mexican Shepherd's Pie, my way from scratch.

Fed to my youngest son who is visiting. M :eat: :eat: :eat: mmmm :omg:(tu)

I see I have to shrink my pictures down a bit.

attachicon.gifUnbaked.jpg

Broiled last 3 minutes to brown the spuds attachicon.gifBaked.jpg

Minus 3 servingsattachicon.gifPartially Eaten-Leftovers.jpg

Made with Taco Bell style hamburg mix with peas and corn and 1/4 cup hot salsa.

So, what other ingredients are there? The topping appears to have been frozen hashbrowns. That opens up all kinds of options, but I will draw the line at dessert types. LOL

So, what other ingredients are there? The topping appears to have been frozen hashbrowns. That opens up all kinds of options, but I will draw the line at dessert types. LOL

Top was Freshly cooked potatoes, then mashed.

Speaking of frozen hash browns. They can be part of your "go to", PA try when someone shows up an hour before dinner. Mixing in some grated cheddar would be a nice touch, as like butter, cheese makes any food better.

And don't forget to check you seasoning!

Edited by MizPeg

Don't like eating sheep ( he probably won't want me to eat him too ) :oops:(td). Don't like poultry either because it is fowl ( even foul ) :no::censored:

Yet I find cattle to be cuter than sheep and have more personality - but I guess that's a personal preference. Don't like chickens at all. haha.(Sorry Jehovah). My hubby loves hash browns so I might try this. You could grate your own potatoes and make this even more homemade.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."