JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Odd baby names

On 5/9/2016 at 2:48 PM, Musky said:

We had a family in my old congregation with the last name of "Walker". After years of trying, she finally got pregnant and was expecting a boy. Many of us tried to convince them to name him "Luke Sky" thus making him "Luke Sky Walker" but, alas although the husband agreed, the wife prevailed and named him Levi.  We were sorely disappointed. :(

Had we had a son together ,  my wife said the closest she would allow was Lucas Skyler. 

A sister I worked with named her daughter Atarah Sari,  both are Bible names. 

My niece is expecting her 3rd son in August.  Her oldest is Liam Christopher , middle is Jameson Hawk,  and the youngest will be Maverick (don't remember the middle name). 

I get puzzled over a Christian naming their child Adam.  On the one hand,  that is the name Jehovah gave our first father,  but on the other hand,  not the best example of a human being to name your child after. 

Angel also puzzles me,  as does naming someone  Jesus. 

My dad was shocked to learn Prince was brother Nelson's name.  He just thought Prince was being pretentious. 

I cannot quote with this new format, anyway, I fully realize there are other, "Jesus'" other then our Lord and Savior in the bible. . I have come across ones named, "Jesus". Usually, they are pronounced with the J as an H. Just the first time I have come across one pronounced as a J. Here, in this country, anyway. Thanks for the reminder. Pretty interesting.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!