JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Transgender elected to congress in the Philippines

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2871 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/17/asia/geraldine-roman-transgender-philippines-interview/index.html

So, this is where things are headed ... seems as if it never stops, just continues to go deeper into society.  It seems like there's an excitement or affixation  or curiosity with this now.  I'm watching the world scene ..:popcorn:

(CNN)Geraldine Roman doesn't necessarily get what all the fuss is about.

She is, in her words, "just another politician who happens to be transgender."

And, yet, that's the story.  If Geraldine wasn't transgender, there would be no CNN article.  So, because of this individual's gender identity, it becomes a story.

Now we know how poor Lot felt...it seems as if this whole business is everywhere and is moving in on everyone, it's too overwhelming. I wish these people would keep to themselves who they have sex with. Shortly a man in a dress and a wiglet (simply because he feels he is a woman today) will use his man's strength and subdue a girl or woman in a bathroom . 

And on a lighter note, uhm Contemplate oh my word, your little friend is moving to the beat of my music. And his little arms and butt are moving to the tune. He's a little party on my computer and now he is making me move to the tune oh my LOL!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

25 minutes ago, Alexa said:

This post makes me more suspicious of you, contemplate... I hope if you are happen to know my face whenever I go, let me know... :) 

I really think this comment is lost in translation.  I get the feeling you mean something other than what you said, Alexa.  Can you reword your comment?

:D I think I know what you meant,  That you are now curious and you'd like to know who I am so if we were to see each other in public, we'd talk and express to each other who we are.  

I have been an TESOL teacher for 3 years.   Thanks, that's a really sweet compliment.  I'll have to post better looking pics of myself in my bio.   

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

I really think this comment is lost in translation.  I get the feeling you mean something other than what you said, Alexa.  Can you reword your comment?

To cut a long story short, sometimes I do see foreign people at our assembly Hall. Sometimes, I don't care just a glance of them but their faces retain or their conduct retain. In those, I really regret in 2015 in a Friday event which I missed it because my father is just not a witness. So, I just let it. When I attend on Saturday, my relatives told me how lost it has been for me to not to attend on that. Because they talked to someone whose name is... I honestly don't remember... so, that's just how :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

55 minutes ago, comtemplate said:

ooh, you've got me this time.  I'm completely lost.  

I'm gonna say that she sometimes sees foreign people and can recall them ok. On the Friday of her Assembly,  her father,  an unbeliever, wouldn't take her and she didn't push the issue and force him to go, so she missed Friday.  On Saturday, her relatives told her she had missed out, that they had met some people that she would have wanted to meet but hadn't been able to. She cannot remember the name of the family her relative met.