JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watch Tower Publications Index 2001-2015 in PDF

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2887 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We've had the Research Guide for two years now (three in some languages) in PDF format in several languages, but the slave is happy to announce us that the PDF edition of the full English "Watch Tower Publications Index 2001-2015" is available for download on jw.org.

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=dx01-15&fileformat=PDF&langwritten=&txtCMSLang=E

You might want to check back to the link above at a later date to check whether other languages have been added.

Enjoy!

16 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Make this a epub or JW Library version with the links in-built and you will have a real mini reference library tool in one handy file.

Would still love to see other large publications in pdf format - Insight, Proclaimers.

There were computer versions of our pubs floating around 30 years ago or so. This was before the WTB&TS put out the NWT in Folio form. I had the Incite Book and the NWT on my computer as well as a few other books. I remember it took 18 floppies to load the Incite book to my computer. About 12 for the NWT. There are are probably some of these still around. I think they were in TEXT format. Any TEXT can be turned into a PDF.

This brings back memories of my early computing days. A ex-Bethelite  sold a modest program that was a pretty fair word search engine.

The NWT, Insight and all current  publications were provided by different Brothers and could be found on  Bulletin Boards. Some, were charging for them to cover their costs. That is when we got the cease and desist from our organization. The legal loophole was if you owned a personal copy of a pub you had the right to a copy for your personal use in the form of your choice, but it was a copyright violation to give or sell a copy to a second party. The NWT in  folios came out right after that.

The brother that wrote the search program for these electronic publication switched over to a Windows gui  format and started charging big sum (for those days) and most of the interest in his program dwindled away. 

The Folio edition of the NWT was slow and difficult to search compared to this other program which I used it until we got the Watchtower Library. 

Those were the days.  :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 hours ago, Old said:

There were computer versions of our pubs floating around 30 years ago or so. A ex-Bethelite  sold a modest program that was a pretty fair word search engine.

The Folio edition of the NWT was slow and difficult to search compared to this other program which I used it until we got the Watchtower Library. 

I remember the program, I think it was Qsearch or something close to that.  For its day, it was amazing.  Much better than the Folio disks.  I remember MS-DOS.

I noticed that the abbreviation kt is missing. It came out in 2008 and we are using it this week at the CL&M meeting.

Perhaps, it just is not referenced anywhere; so, they didn't add it. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

4 hours ago, leoperales said:

Yes, but the kt publication is not on the list. That's what Jerry was referring to. I had to refer to the Watchtower Monthly Literature Movement sheet (S-28) to see which publication it was. :)

Just write "kt"  on wol search box (or any other pub symbol)  and it shows the pub name

I suppose tracts are not included as references at all. In "How to Use This Index" > "References" > "Order of Listing", it says: The Watchtower, Bibles, books, booklets and brochures, Awake! and Our Kingdom Ministry. So tracts are not included. Same is true for the 1986-2015 index included in the Watchtower Library.