JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Daniel Prophecy Book

On a side note, it was AMAZING to see some of the authentic historical pieces from the insight, Daniel and imitate Their Faith book at the met tour the woman and the offspring. Fascinating! :ecstatic:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

In the world, scholars believe much of Daniel 11 Chpt fits into Antiochus IV. So, this would make them think the book of Daniel was written around 160 BCE. Thank God he gave us a Slave to make it clear that it is not and the book of Daniel was NOT just a historical book.

Edited by Shawnster

Fixed typo

1 minute ago, jayrtom said:

What is that? Didn't understand.... 

Yesterday I was on a tour of the Metropolitan museum of art in NYC, USA and it has a whole bunch of historical artifacts that the brothers researched and even use images of in many publications like the insight, imitate book and Daniel book and others. A brother toured us and he was excellent! The tour group is oasis tours. I could have spent the whole day there to see how the artifacts support the Bible's theme. It was awesome. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

17 hours ago, Gregorio said:

Here is the book "Pay Attention to Daniels Prophecy" in PDF format in English:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5H7P09onvPnbHplSm4wUmtEZ2M/view?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

This is an aside, but, brother, just how did you do this? A copy, one click, and it is on my iPad! Like poof, and it is there!

Edited by Miss Bea

More

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

18 hours ago, Gregorio said:

Here is the book "Pay Attention to Daniels Prophecy" in PDF format in English:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5H7P09onvPnbHplSm4wUmtEZ2M/view?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

Nice!  Thanks!  Got one in Spanish?

52 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Well, it is not edited. I meant to tell you thanks!

Miss Bea, what do you mean by it's not edited?

Our tour guide referred to it as, "The Woman and the Seed"  (Same difference. ) Bro. Ashley I took that same tour in June 2015 and it was excellent as you mentioned. The tour lasted approximately three hours and along the way, he gave us a pop-quiz on Biblical references, which was fun.   He helped opened our eyes to the fact that much of the Western world's culture and worldly traditions are based on ancient Roman/Babylonian pagan rituals and customs (i.e., Easter bunnies, mistletoe, Satan Claus and the reindeer, etc.)  The tour included head statues of past rulers  (Greek/Roman) who were responsible for the persecution of the early Christians. I could have stayed all day, too! :) 

We are truly fortunate and deeply grateful to have the Holy Scriptures to enlighten us and to free us from paganism and superstition. 

20150618_152939.jpg

Edited by carlos

31 minutes ago, leoperales said:

Nice!  Thanks!  Got one in Spanish?

Miss Bea, what do you mean by it's not edited?

Have two messages running. The second one is thanking or brother for the copy of the 

Daniel book. I tried to add it to the original message. When I posted it, no thank you.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 1 year later...
On 18/06/2016 at 1:23 PM, jayrtom said:

By "off line" he may mean out of print... We have several books that can't be asked for anymore and won't be printed again

Enviado do meu LG-D855 através de Tapatalk

So I just checked and this book is no longer available to be ordered from the branch. Does this mean we are going to get an updated book somewhen over the next few years? I hope so as I have enjoyed using this book in trying to convince people the bible is inspired.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

43 minutes ago, MentalProject said:

So I just checked and this book is no longer available to be ordered from the branch. Does this mean we are going to get an updated book somewhen over the next few years? I hope so as I have enjoyed using this book in trying to convince people the bible is inspired.

It would appear that there may be a number of points that are at least questionable, like the king of north Why else would they withhold it. It would be interesting to see which points need updating. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Brings back memories, I remember as a kid doing this book when we used to have the little book study groups mid week. 

Indeed, the illustrations really stuck with my sibling and I. We may not have understood everything but the society made it pretty unforgettable.