JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Working Alongside Jehovah's Witnesses at Warwick , New York

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2870 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 minutes ago, MizPeg said:

Beautiful piece! Just goes to show, what harmony and love can create, can't it?

Having worked on Kingdom projects in the past, a lot of us know just how great this feels. I regret that I was unable to contribute in a physical presence sense to this project.  Ironworker and weldor types enjoy the thrill of high iron as part of the payoff for their labor. Doing this for Jehovah,  for His Organization,  would be pure icing on the cake..

13 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Having worked on Kingdom projects in the past, a lot of us know just how great this feels. I regret that I was unable to contribute in a physical presence sense to this project.  Ironworker and weldor types enjoy the thrill of high iron as part of the payoff for their labor. Doing this for Jehovah,  for His Organization,  would be pure icing on the cake..

Let me know if they build an oil refinery, I'll be the first one on the list of operators.  :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I prayed I could help - then got to go there and be on my knees for a week - not in the iron (can't take the heights) but I was "floored" with what I got to do :)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

I prayed I could help - then got to go there and be on my knees for a week - not in the iron (can't take the heights) but I was "floored" with what I got to do :)

Awesome you could go, and good that you can still 'ply' your trade..

Heights are a non event for me, as is true for most steel guys. If you can walk without falling over, or walk a reasonably straight line, your feet don't take up any more room at 100' up then they do on the ground..

(that is my current issue,  can't walk far, have a tendency to wobble)

I have seen people freeze on the iron, it can be a real challenge to get them down safely. Like helping a drowning victim,  the tendency is to let go of the steel and grab onto you:o .not a good thing---

Having a fear of heights has it's benefits ....

• I got to ride the train to NY for work at Warwick
  • I don't have to do roofing in the Florida heat
  • I learned how to install flooring
  • Jehovah has not asked me to take an assignment "off planet"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~