JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trip To Minnesota

Morning all,

My wife and I are planning a trip to perhaps see the Mall of America this month in Bloomington. We would need help from anyone who may be from that area about good sites to see, and perhaps a congregation we can attend that Sunday.

We are planning to drive there from Michigan (about 10 hours). We are planning on traveling there the weekend of July 22. Any suggestions would be welcomed, or even a tour guide! lol

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

Morning all,

My wife and I are planning a trip to perhaps see the Mall of America this month in Bloomington. We would need help from anyone who may be from that area about good sites to see, and perhaps a congregation we can attend that Sunday.

We are planning to drive there from Michigan (about 10 hours). We are planning on traveling there the weekend of July 22. Any suggestions would be welcomed, or even a tour guide! lol

Thanks!

Are you going to use the Lake Michigan ferry? a bit expensive, but easy going.   :-)

12 minutes ago, MizPeg said:

Are you going to use the Lake Michigan ferry? a bit expensive, but easy going.   :-)

I didn't think I needed to. I don't know. Would we have to?

This my first time driving that far, but thanks for the heads up!

Use Google earth/maps to find a local kingdom hall.  I normally use Google maps when I go on a trip because it will list things along the way as you are driving that you may want to check out (museums, orchards, malls . . . )

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

You might want to change your plans - an officer killed a black man at a traffic stop in St. Paul - hopefully it won't escalate into what happened in Ferguson, Missouri - but I'd keep a close eye on the news if I were you.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Can't offer too much... but if you choose to drive on I-90/I-94 and find a need to stop a bit... I'm in Tomah. We can share details in private messaging if you'd like. 

Tomah is roughly 3 hours before the Twin Cities... if you're on I-94 - if you choose I-90 then it may add a little more time but you'd come in more directly to MOA. :)

Thinking a little more on your plans....

MOA in itself has a LOT TO SEE - not just shopping!  The aquarium there is highly regarded by many. There's more there too - my kids have all been and nearly everyone in my congregation goes there every so often - but it's too much for me to take lately and I don't keep up with all the newer stuff. I'm told, often, a person needs a good week there to cover everything.

As for a KH - can you check jw.org and look up what's nearest? If not, I can check and send you options. :)

I know a few friends up that way but none right near MOA so not much help there.

Enjoy your trip! Plan well & stay safe!