Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Beware of Deceit - Talk by Kenneth Flodin


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2776 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

I do wish that sometimes thread titles and/or posts would be a little more explanatory. When I read this title and only saw a link posted, I thought it was a warning post saying Flodin could not be trusted. 

 

Could we please be a little clearer with this type of post? 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I do wish that sometimes thread titles and/or posts would be a little more explanatory. When I read this title and only saw a link posted, I thought it was a warning post saying Flodin could not be trusted. 

 

Could we please be a little clearer with this type of post? 

Sorry, I tried changing the title but it was too late. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Sorry, I tried changing the title but it was too late. 

I know the feeling ... 

 

Since it is hard (impossible) to change the title, just post a description of the link - not just the link when you post a link - it really helps

 

I try to never post only a link

 

For instance, you could have simply posted:


 

Quote

 

A new talk by Kenneth Flodin on JW Braodcasting

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbmw_201607_2_VIDEO

 

 


Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I do wish that sometimes thread titles and/or posts would be a little more explanatory. When I read this title and only saw a link posted, I thought it was a warning post saying Flodin could not be trusted. 

 

Could we please be a little clearer with this type of post? 

Curious - why would that be the first thought to your mind upon reading that?  That would never occur to me...

 


Edited by Hope
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There have been some posts on this forum that included a warning about a site or person. I did not immediately place who Flodin was.

 

So, I saw "Beware of Deceit" and the name of a man

 

I almost did not even look at the post. In fact, I meant to click on a different thread but my screen refreshed and that post moved up just when I clicked. Then I saw the link but no description - I still was not sure what the thread was about. It wasn't until I looked again and saw the link was at jw.org that I decided to check it out. I often pass on posted links that do not explain where or why the link is being posted because I do not want to click on a link that takes me to a site that is loaded with cookies (or whatever) - so, unless there is some sort of description about the link - I often just hit the back button and leave the post.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I so totally agree. At first glance it seems way different then what it actually is! But, I have to say, I catch myself being cryptic, and try not to be. Just a lack of thought, I'm sure. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Brother John stated:

"so, unless there is some sort of description about the link - I often just hit the back button and leave the post."

Even if description is in the Topic Header I don't often click on an unidentified link.

 

 I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't usually click on a link either but if it points to jw.org I have no issue. Plus the op usually posts videos when they show up. Guess I recognised the name as well which meant I didn't see anything possibly untoward.

 

I can see how others could be confused though. :)


Edited by Mykyl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

 

 

 I often pass on posted links that do not explain where or why the link is being posted because I do not want to click on a link that takes me to a site that is loaded with cookies (or whatever) - so, unless there is some sort of description about the link - I often just hit the back button and leave the post.

Or if a link is more than five minutes long ... *chuckles. Good morning Qapla.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I don't usually click on a link either but if it points to jw.org I have no issue. Plus the op usually posts videos when they show up. Guess I recognised the name as well which meant I didn't see anything possibly untoward.

 

I can see how others could be confused though. :)

 

Agreed a direct link to jw.org qualifies the link without any additional wording in my opinion.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)