JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library APP for Windows - Reminder

When the JW Library for Windows updated last time, it carried a warning/reminder that future updates would not function if you did not have Windows 10 software.  I wanted to remind everyone that the offer for a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 ends on Friday July 29, 2016 (which is the 1 year anniversary of its release).  After that date everyone will have to pay for the upgrade (currently it costs $150-$250 in stores).

Edited by trottigy

I just upgraded my Windows Library and I am using Windows 7 on my laptop. It works fine. 

Are you sure they weren't referring to the Phone or tablet version? 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

18 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I just upgraded my Windows Library and I am using Windows 7 on my laptop. It works fine. 

Are you talking about the "Windows Library" (Watchtower library) that you installed via the DVD? If so, I think John is talking about the JW Library "app" that you need Windows 10 to run desktop apps. Then again, I may be completely wrong! 

17 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Br. Jerry, The need for Windows 10 is related to the next update on JW-Library app (not the CD/DVD Watchtower Library).  As far as I can tell, the DVD Library seems to update on all of the recent Windows OS.  I am not sure how far back it will go, but it seems to work (haven't tried updates) on my Vista system.

I have never used the APP on a PC or laptop as I have a tablet with it and the CD now DVD of the full library on the laptop, but thanks for the update. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Om my Windows tablet, I use the JW app because of the "Meetings" feature.  To have all of the weekly material, references, songs and extra 'media' in one place (with active links) and available with a single button push is great.  I can highlight, etc.  I have the DVD Library on the same device for more detailed research, audio pronunciation or older pubs.

I have found windows 10 to be great on a tablet, but troublesome on a laptop.  But, this is not that forum. :offtopic:.   Enjoy your updated app. :wave: 

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....