JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lovely visit to congregation

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2752 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My wife and I visited our youngest son (40) who is having nervous problems in Leigh in Lancashire.  We looked on jw.org to find the KH and meeting times and used our free bus passes to get to the nearest stop. Then a short walk to the Hall.

My, what a wonderful welcome we receieved!  Lots of brothers and sisters came to us and introduced themselves and were so loving.   One brother said he would take us home in his car, and then asked us where we were staying.  He didn't check if it was on his route home, that didn't matter. He just wanted to take us.  We were able to comment too at the midweek meeting.

On the Sunday morning we discovered that the buses did not start running so early, and were only 1 bus an hour!  So we started to walk to the Hall.  My wife took a Watchtower out of her bag and held it in her hand on the roadside as we walked.  A sister stopped and asked if we were going to the Hall, and gave us a lift. She said not to hurry off after the meeting because she would take us home.

Again such a warm reception from our dear brothers and sisters.  Our Unity is truly delightful to see.

All credit to Jehovah and Leigh congregation are a credit to our God too.

Your wife is very clever to hold up the WT. Jehovah looks after us through our Brothers and sisters, doesn't he?

When my family travelled across Australia, we had to cross the Nullabor Plain - very desolate and a long stretch of nothingness. Of course, we broke down. My husband walked up to the emergency phone box 1km away 3 times to ask for help from the police. We just needed someone to throw out a can of oil and we would b OK to be on our way. They knew I was pregnant and we had a toddler. For 5 hrs we were stuck in the semi desert. On his 3rd trip up to the phone, my husband asked if the police could contact Jehovah's Witnesses. In no time a brother rocked up, wound down his window and asked "Do you walk in Jehovah's way?"

Well I burst into tears, he had food, coffee, fixed our car, and just made us come to stay the night with his family. They fed us and we slept in their children's beds. I'll never forget their kindness, though I never saw them again. True unadulterated Christian love.