Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The early days of jwtalk


Recommended Posts

JWtalk was VERY slow till I showed up!  I had alot to teach the mods.  Once they were properly schooled in how to deal with all the different personalities, things went a lot more smoothly. (The Borg always wanted to assimilate everyone) I remember a time when they could barely deal with my 100 posts a day! LOL 


Edited by shali
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, shali said:

JWtalk was VERY slow till I showed up!  I had alot to teach the mods.  Once they were properly schooled in how to deal with all the different personalities, things went a lot more smoothly.

 

How many personalities do you have? Were they all posting comments? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:lol1:

 

It is interesting, it seems very similar to me, just the usernames have changed. It reminds me of school or work - how every class or job seems to have a grouping of similar personalities, bit the names change from time to time.

 

I'll have to think of some of the differences. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, shali said:

Actually -and back to topic- what year did JWtalk.net hit the world wide web?

Someone who's been on here a long time and has responsibility on this site said 2006. Not sure who it was though. I can imagine how slow the site must have been when it first hit the web... But the original members hung in there! Word must have spread through Internet searches and word of mouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Someone who's been on here a long time and has responsibility on this site said 2006. Not sure who it was though. I can imagine how slow the site must have been when it first hit the web... But the original members hung in there! Word must have spread through Internet searches and word of mouth.

I didn't come I  till 2014. I saw it in  searches I had done but didn't trust social network sites. When I took a closer look at some of the topics discussed I decided to join. The day I joined was a pivotal day in the history of JWtalk and it's celebrated annually, I took this forum to a whole new level. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Musky said:

I hope somebody doesn't take offense and start defacing the dog again.

Bring it on! Show everyone what a bully you are! I will not be assimilated!

( Oh, and don't tell me resistance is futile -cuz I already learned that lesson)


Edited by shali
Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the way, the first member that joined in 2006 was some old, sad brother named Chuck. He would sit in the chat room all day and no one would come in to talk to him so he eventually replaced most of his body parts with computer parts and assimilated himself into the forums software, where he now live out his lonely, friendless existence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, shali said:

By the way, the first member that joined in 2006 was some old, sad brother named Chuck. He would sit in the chat room all day and no one would come in to talk to him so he eventually replaced most of his body parts with computer parts and assimilated himself into the forums software, where he now live out his lonely, friendless existence.

If he joined in 2006 then wasn't it around before 2014? Also, Dismal_Bliss joined in 2007.


Edited by Brother Jack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!


You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.12.4 (changelog)