JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The early days of jwtalk

I was thinking it would be fun for older members of jwtalk to talk about how it was being a member on the site when it was first started. Perhaps you can talk about what it was like when things were slower and the members were building up :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

JWtalk was VERY slow till I showed up!  I had alot to teach the mods.  Once they were properly schooled in how to deal with all the different personalities, things went a lot more smoothly. (The Borg always wanted to assimilate everyone) I remember a time when they could barely deal with my 100 posts a day! LOL 

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

14 minutes ago, shali said:

JWtalk was VERY slow till I showed up!  I had alot to teach the mods.  Once they were properly schooled in how to deal with all the different personalities, things went a lot more smoothly.

How many personalities do you have? Were they all posting comments? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, shali said:

Yes, the name i use to refer to all my personalities is "Legion".  Still wanna mess with me?

I'm out of here...! :superman:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

:lol1:

It is interesting, it seems very similar to me, just the usernames have changed. It reminds me of school or work - how every class or job seems to have a grouping of similar personalities, bit the names change from time to time.

I'll have to think of some of the differences. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

19 minutes ago, Musky said:

You're out of here? Sounds like it's too late. :)

He corrected his post, no one is gonna know what you are talking about! Now who looks Guano Crazy?!!!

Edited by Musky

7 minutes ago, shali said:

Actually -and back to topic- what year did JWtalk.net hit the world wide web?

Someone who's been on here a long time and has responsibility on this site said 2006. Not sure who it was though. I can imagine how slow the site must have been when it first hit the web... But the original members hung in there! Word must have spread through Internet searches and word of mouth.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Someone who's been on here a long time and has responsibility on this site said 2006. Not sure who it was though. I can imagine how slow the site must have been when it first hit the web... But the original members hung in there! Word must have spread through Internet searches and word of mouth.

I didn't come I  till 2014. I saw it in  searches I had done but didn't trust social network sites. When I took a closer look at some of the topics discussed I decided to join. The day I joined was a pivotal day in the history of JWtalk and it's celebrated annually, I took this forum to a whole new level. LOL

4 minutes ago, Musky said:

I hope somebody doesn't take offense and start defacing the dog again.

Bring it on! Show everyone what a bully you are! I will not be assimilated!

( Oh, and don't tell me resistance is futile -cuz I already learned that lesson)

Edited by shali

By the way, the first member that joined in 2006 was some old, sad brother named Chuck. He would sit in the chat room all day and no one would come in to talk to him so he eventually replaced most of his body parts with computer parts and assimilated himself into the forums software, where he now live out his lonely, friendless existence.

12 minutes ago, shali said:

By the way, the first member that joined in 2006 was some old, sad brother named Chuck. He would sit in the chat room all day and no one would come in to talk to him so he eventually replaced most of his body parts with computer parts and assimilated himself into the forums software, where he now live out his lonely, friendless existence.

If he joined in 2006 then wasn't it around before 2014? Also, Dismal_Bliss joined in 2007.

Edited by Brother Jack

2 minutes ago, shali said:

I'm just joking around.

Oh ok :)

3 minutes ago, shali said:

I'm just joking around.

I was thinking the brother really existed but you made the other stuff up :D