JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The early days of jwtalk

43 minutes ago, shali said:

I didn't come I  till 2014. I saw it in  searches I had done but didn't trust social network sites. When I took a closer look at some of the topics discussed I decided to join. The day I joined was a pivotal day in the history of JWtalk and it's celebrated annually, I took this forum to a whole new level. LOL

Oh I see you said you didn't come until 2014. I thought you said it didn't come until 2014. Look at my last post. I posted again but the comment got merged.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

HE'S been sparring with me in here! You should be able to recognize him from his avatar.

9 minutes ago, Musky said:

And bombing as usual.

Really, that's the best you could do?!! Someone must be getting sleepy.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

2 hours ago, shali said:

By the way, the first member that joined in 2006 was some old, sad brother named Chuck. He would sit in the chat room all day and no one would come in to talk to him so he eventually replaced most of his body parts with computer parts and assimilated himself into the forums software, where he now live out his lonely, friendless existence.

:lol1:can't stop laughing ...help!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Brigett, we all need some one to humble us... Making us to step down from the podium (in this case, of posters). Your 's was Richard. The turtle over the dog...  Maybe the next animal will be a snail :)

I think the oldest on this forum are Dismal Bliss, Musky, trottigy (I remember him posting a lot more when he had a dog on his back ;)  ) 

Edited by jayrtom

The origins of JWTalk are lost in the mists of time... :lol: This board only has content from 2010 onwards, but there was a previous board before this one.

At first it was a small private group with just a few friends. You could only become a member by referral. With time, it became public and now we have over 4000 members.

I joined in 2013 so I'm relatively new here. But when you have a look at older posts you realize that people come and go. Most of the those who were very active 2010 are no longer around or seldom post. And others have come and gone in the meantime. The discussions though are very similar. As Jerry said, it's like the same people with different names. :)

Some months ago Bob made a topic with pics of how the forums looked with every previous software, but I am unable to locate it.

Edited by carlos

• 1 month later...

I joined in 2012. I had Googled some JW Forums and "checked them out". There were a few I would not have joined if they paid me :no:

Narrowing it down, :idea: I decided to "lurk" for a while to see how things went (tu)(td) This forum seemed to be more along the lines of what I was looking for in a JW site :thumbsup: The topics are more along the lines that are up building instead of argumentative :touche: not to say that there are never any topics that tend to stir a bit of debate :wall::deadhorse:

As for changes, well, Bob (Dismal_Bliss) used to post a bit more when I joined :) Many of the other "regulars" have remained the same :ecstatic: There have been some who have come and gone :scooter: others who have come :squeeze: and some who are just gone :backflip:

The topics have remained, for the most part, up building. There have been a few topics that did stir a bit of "debate" :eek: and there have also been some posters that have displayed a "if you don't agree with MY point of view you are wrong" attitude :depressed: but, for the most part, they have since either left the forum or quit posting (:P) There have also been a few "weeds" that got in :sweat: but, they quickly showed themselves and are no longer here (either left when they were exposed or were "booted" by the ever-diligent Mods) :bouncing:

One thing I do miss - for a while, before the last software upgrade, the Chat Room had started to become fairly active :punk: However, since the last upgrade (you know, now that the Chat Room button/link is not as prominent/easy to find) the Chat Room is back to being an after-thought for many :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 24/12/2016 at 3:40 PM, Qapla said:

One thing I do miss - for a while, before the last software upgrade, the Chat Room had started to become fairly active :punk: However, since the last upgrade (you know, now that the Chat Room button/link is not as prominent/easy to find) the Chat Room is back to being an after-thought for many :shrugs:

A couple months ago Bob mentioned that he wanted to make some aesthetic changes to the site, which included adding a more prominent chat button. But he's usually very busy with the really important things, so no one knows when those changes will be implemented.

16 minutes ago, carlos said:

A couple months ago Bob mentioned that he wanted to make some aesthetic changes to the site, which included adding a more prominent chat button. But he's usually very busy with the really important things, so no one knows when those changes will be implemented.

It's wonderful to have what we have ...! :) THANK YOU.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)