JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Giant sinkhole in Japan restored in one week!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2712 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Those Japanese are real quick at fixing things, aren't they? This sinkhole appeared a week ago in downtown  Fukuoka, near a busy subway.  It was busily repaired and has reopened within a week.  The mayor released a statement apologising for the "great trouble" the sinkhole had caused.  He expressed his gratitude to workers for their efforts completing the restoration work "promptly with safety first".  "From now on I will do my utmost to investigate the cause and compensate for the damage," the statement said.  The cause of the collapse in the city's Hakata district had been linked to ongoing subway construction nearby.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-16/japanese-road-reopens-one-week-after-giant-sinkhole-appears/8028756

Before and after pics:

sinkhole japan.jpg

No, I just watched it on TV.
Hakata is a little far from here...

Fortunately, no drivers were there when the subsidence happened.
Only five minutes before, an engineer working for construction of the subway warned the accident and the city closed the road.
So nobody was affected by that.
I felt relieved to hear the news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)