JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

8.0 Earthquake ... Tsunami warning

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2688 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

is likely - any brothers and sisters in low lying parts of  any areas around The Solomon Islands *north Australia  PNG Philipines  - please take heed and move to higher ground now!

Please be careful.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Buoy motion indicates movement towards North West coast of Australia ... not official, but beprepared for one ... turn on your television radios now please.

https://youtu.be/dwBWiu113V0

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

10 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Also there was a quake off the coast of California..6.5 west of Ferndale.

Yes a 5.5 - 6.0 is expected in Oklahoma in the next 24-48 hours. Everyone stay safe and review your go bags , emergency kits or whatever else you call them. It's going to get worse before the GT hits is my guess. Stay safe!

The 8.0 hit at 1 pm their time and since then they have had 2 more - 7.8 and a 7.5 which will generate more movement and cause utter devastation. If you know anyone in these areas, please make sure they know about the Tsunami warnings. over 18 buoys active towards Australia.

My last post may have been just stations getting themselves confused. Australia as upgraded it 8.1 US downgraded it to 7.9 one station even reporting it as a 8.5! Its safe to say it was over 8.0 going on the activity of bouys as far as Alaska.

DART real-time tsunami warning buoy:

ETD%20Deployed%20DSC_5995_284.jpg

DART® (Deep-ocean Assessment and Reporting of Tsunamis)

DART® real-time tsunami monitoring systems, developed by PMEL, are positioned at strategic locations throughout the ocean and play a critical role in tsunami forecasting.

http://nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/Dart/

Deployment map:

DART.gif

One of these is recording an event in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, right now.

Took this long, (approximately 2 hours) traveling at the speed of a jet airliner, for the first shockwave from the

8.0 to reach it.

22 DARTs are currently showing 'event mode', all around the west wall of the Pacific Ring of fire, waaaaay up to

Alaska's southern boundaries.  Appears the 8.0 caused the entire bottom of the Pacific Ocean to rise.
Info Source

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, vern said:

are the earthquakes more frequent now?   Imagine all the dumb things the world is doing might be causing them?  some think that earthquakes are just more reported;  but does anyone know if the frequency is rising?

of course it is - and just lately too ... been watching Dutchsinse on YT (he's not everybody's cup of tea) but he teaches about fracture zones, silent zones, and directions pressure goes along plate boundaries and fracture zones. He has also showed conclusively from what I've witnessed, that for every deep (100 km or more - sometimes up to 700 kms) earthquake, there is a series of shallower quakes with a magnitude or two higher. This latest spate, there was a very deep 6.5 in indonesia - so going on a magnitude higher or two ... then the quake in indonesia which was 6.5 - (which in turn transferred pressure to the West Coast of the USA - 6.5) and this latest one - 7.7 according to US - 8.1 according to Australia is well within the range expected.

So yes they are on an increase.  

THREAT Cancelled: Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu.

WATCH Cancelled: Hawaii, America Samoa, Guam and CNMI.

http://ntwc.arh.noaa.gov/

Scared.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Yes a 5.5 - 6.0 is expected in Oklahoma in the next 24-48 hours. Everyone stay safe and review your go bags , emergency kits or whatever else you call them. It's going to get worse before the GT hits is my guess. Stay safe!

Thanks for the heads up, Miss Mandi! (or Mrs :)) Haven't yet read any posts today (by a guy I follow on FB) about the earthquake forecasts, who also links to Dutchsinse on YT.  Need to head over there (he's pretty good in his own predictions).

He hates the word predictions ... because he said people associate it with crystal balls and airy fairy stuff, he uses forecasting like weather, because it's based on science. (Not accepted by all scientists but then neither is creation lol). The other interesting thing is - he was going on the other day about the Pangea (when all the plates were together) being an absolute myth and wants to debunk that one too. Maybe I should send a lil 'package' to him. You never know he might be looking for the truth.

Well, I probably used the wrong word.  *He may not even use that word, IDK, but will pay attention.  I know *nothing about EQ's;  science not a favorite subject either-lol.  My only interest is Bible prophecy.  Perhaps I should learn a little more.  Excellent idea!  Yes, I think more people (of course not All) will respond to the truth as the final wrap up of this system continues.

Edited by SusanE

I wasn't correcting you my sis, just letting you know how he catagorizes it ... there are so many out there who sit and draw lines through active areas and then claim credit for something they weren't able to be specific about.

The interesting thing is we had a public talk on Sunday by a Brother Tomlinson, and he always uses science to back up his talks, and he talked about the fractures around the globe, that happened during the flood (the talk was on Noah's ark) which was fascinating. So we of all people know the weak points and why, its sad seeing so many distressed and getting scared over world events, but the truth is out there for everyone to take if they want to.

14 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

He hates the word predictions ... because he said people associate it with crystal balls and airy fairy stuff, he uses forecasting like weather, because it's based on science. (Not accepted by all scientists but then neither is creation lol). The other interesting thing is - he was going on the other day about the Pangea (when all the plates were together) being an absolute myth and wants to debunk that one too. Maybe I should send a lil 'package' to him. You never know he might be looking for the truth.

Well, I probably used the wrong word.  *He may not even use that word, IDK, but will pay attention.  I know *nothing about EQ's;  science not a favorite subject either-lol.  My only interest is Bible prophecy.  Perhaps I should learn a little more.  Excellent idea!  Yes, I think more people (of course not All) will respond to the truth as the final wrap up of this system continues.

1 hour ago, SusanE said:

Yes! I do wonder if world events will equate to an influx of people. Only time will tell on that one.

Again today, another earthquake in the Solomon Islands, with fresh tsunami warning.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre (PTWC) said waves of between one and three metres were possible following this morning's shallow magnitidue-7.0 quake.

The quake follows yesterday's more powerful 7.8 quake, which damaged at least 30 buildings and forced some locals to scramble to higher ground

Just In: Solomon Islands warned to expect hazardous tsunami waves after powerful quake