JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Star Wars Episode 8

STAR WARS EPISODE 8: The Release Date

The Force Awakens was actually pushed back from an originally planned May 2015 release date, and Episode 8 will no longer be course-correcting - its original May 26, 2017 release date has been moved to December 15, 2017.

From what I read, since The Force Awakens and Rogue One did so well with their December release, all future Star Wars movies will be December releases.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

17 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Personally, IMHO, if shown in May there would have been a possibility to see this movie. With it pushed out to December I feel no chance...if one needs to ask why the answer is in a another thread! emoji6.pngemoji6.pngemoji6.png

I dunno about that, but it doesn't matter since I won't be finishing this trilogy. Unfortunately after watching Rogue One, I realized how little I care about the characters in the new trilogy, including Luke Skywalker. And that nothing will ever really be Star Wars again, that ended with Return of the Jedi. Rogue One also healed the pain from the embarassing prequels.

It's a good feeling, being content ^_^

9 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I dunno about that, but it doesn't matter since I won't be finishing this trilogy. Unfortunately after watching Rogue One, I realized how little I care about the characters in the new trilogy, including Luke Skywalker. And that nothing will ever really be Star Wars again, that ended with Return of the Jedi. Rogue One also healed the pain from the embarassing prequels.

It's a good feeling, being content ^_^

I enjoy watching classic Space 1999 and Invaders ... Star wars is overrated and the whole "fanaticism" associated with it borders on "religious worship" LOL

Waiting for hailstones as a response LOL :depressed:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good feeling, being content

I like Star Wars but Rogue One was a disappointment for me I think because there was no real connection to original characters like Han or Luke - plus I'm still ticked at what happened with Han in Force Awakens

The only thing I felt was amazing about it was how the used digital effects for both Lea and Moff Tarkin. Here is the link to what I am referring to: https://www.google.ca/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2016/12/27/14092060/rogue-one-star-wars-grand-moff-tarkin-princess-leia?client=safari

1 hour ago, Cheeks said:

I like Star Wars but Rogue One was a disappointment for me I think because there was no real connection to original characters like Han or Luke

It was a Standalone story. Like a background story. There was no real connection to Han or Luke in the prequels (A Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith) either, and that creepy stalking brat "Anakin" surely could not have had anything to do with Darth Vader either. Force Awakens sure did have a connection to the original movies though, given it was an exact copy of the very first Star Wars movie...

That's why I said in retrospect, all the expanded movies beyond the original trilogy are junk in my opinion. At least Rogue One was an interesting story that was complete in itself and didn't ruin anything like the prequels or sequels (Farce Awakens) did.