JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Al Jarreau will be missed!

1 hour ago, Skye said:

Really sad learning of his death. I am a big fan of his music....he was always the happy smiley man, with great playful vocals. I hope there's hope for him. One beautiful track is on my mind: "Tomorrow Today."

Re-jazz-urection hope perhaps? 

Edited by Gregexplore

Spelling

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Re-jazz-urection hope perhaps? 

That would be lovely! I like the word Re-jazz-urrection! 

Totally unrelated to this instance: Yesterday I read Matthew 20:1-16.

20 “For the Kingdom of the heavens is like the master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard.+ After he had agreed with the workers for a de·narʹi·us* a day, he sent them into his vineyard.Going out also about the third hour,* he saw others standing unemployed in the marketplace; and to those he said, ‘You too go into the vineyard, and I will give you whatever is fair.’ So off they went. Again he went out about the sixth hour* and the ninth hour* and did likewise. Finally, about the 11th hour,* he went out and found others standing around, and he said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day unemployed?’ They replied, ‘Because nobody has hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You too go into the vineyard.’

“When evening came, the master of the vineyard said to his man in charge, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages,+ starting with the last and ending with the first.’ When the 11th-hour men came, they each received a de·narʹi·us.* 10 So when the first came, they assumed that they would receive more, but they too were paid at the rate of a de·narʹi·us.* 11 On receiving it, they began to complain against the master of the house 12 and said, ‘These last men put in one hour’s work; still you made them equal to us who bore the burden of the day and the burning heat!’ 13 But he said in reply to one of them, ‘Fellow, I do you no wrong. You agreed with me for a de·narʹi·us,* did you not?+ 14 Take what is yours and go. I want to give to this last one the same as to you. 15 Do I not have the right to do what I want with my own things? Or is your eye envious* because I am good?’*+ 16 In this way, the last ones will be first, and the first ones last.”+

I paused to meditate on what this means for me. I wondered if I would be bitter seeing some getting a second chance in the New World. Or would I be satisfied with Jehovah's and Jesus' right to decide/judge. 

6 hours ago, Skye said:

I wondered if I would be bitter seeing some getting a second chance

I always remind myself that all on earth are Jehovah's "creation";  If he resurrects some that will respond to mercy then we have more to honor Jehovah;  scripture says those who have more to be forgiven also have greater appreciation.  Hopefully thier hearts are not in winter time unable to repent.  scripture also says that all things will be forgiven accept sins against holy spirit.   Our "fear of God" will help us to practice mercy with all.