JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1455 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Luezette said:

Humph! Satan had a plan (fake letters picture), but once again Jehovah was looking out for his people, and blew Satan's scheme wide open!!!!:ecstatic:

Yes as I said earlier, i had that photo featured on my facebook, but something told me it wasn't legit and I removed it. So a good reminder to listen to Jehovah's spirit in this time. Great talk - family worship from Brother Schraeder ... very timely.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Yes Mandi, actually when the sister at a mall showed me the picture, I too had a certain "feeling." But I discarded that feeling, and was happy to receive the picture via text. So I showed it to the two sisters. It was interesting too when I called the sister in my building this morning to tell her she wasn't getting a picture and why, she said she too had a "feeling" about it. 

Yep, there's no such thing as being too careful. 

So I called and texted the sister who showed and texted me the picture. She thanked me. 

Wow! 

3 hours ago, Samira said:

received it also...but it is a fake......comes from Apostates.....

in the moment so much is going around.....experiences , reports, pictures and so on.....

take everything with a pinch of salt....unless it is confirmed!

Apostates really are active on this one. I was searching for German language newspaper reports on the mailing effort, and the comments sections were full of apostate comments, mostly by the same three or four guys who just kept going on and on and on and on and on and on. I actually really feel sorry for these people.

Ruben, don't feel sorry for them. Apostates know exactly what they're doing! 

As a matter of fact, my own father is an apostate. 

Also, sometimes they're even around here as in my neighborhood, and a close by neighborhood, giving out their poisonous literature, and when you refuse ("you" as in we JW as we're walking along), they dish out insults. When Bethel was in Brooklyn, they used to hold demonstrations right in front of Bethel.

They disgust me!

We are all on "pins and needles" about how this will turn out for our dear family in Russia.  Funny thing - Jehovah already knows what will happen and he already knew how we would respond to this letter writing campaign and I know he wasn't disappointed!!! I just can't help but think that somehow the timing of this campaign with the "anti-corruption" protests isn't a coincidence.  Here, the Russian gov't is shutting us down for "extremism" and yet we haven't gone out to the streets to protest how we are being treated there!  Plus, it seems as if they have filled their jails with all these protesters - could take a while for them to process and handle of of them - they might put us on the backburner for a while.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Brigette, I was thinking the same when hearing of the protest.

There they are protesting against their own government, in effect not being submissive so not giving Casesar his due, yet they're calling us troublemakers (extremists). How backwards is that? No one would ever find us on a protest line carrying on, yet they want to, in effect, lock us up.

Yep, their god Satan definitely has their eyes blinded!

Edited by Luezette

"Экстремисты берутся за оружие. 
Свидетели Иеговы за ручки и карандаши"

"The extremists are taking up arms.
Jehovah's Witnesses take pens and pencils"

Excellent that the campaign began to resonate positively in the Russian media:

http://www.fakt777.ru/2017/03/kak-dejstvuyut-svideteli-iegovy-v-otvet-na-ugrozu.html?m=1

;Here is an excerpt from that article:

Whether this campaign will help organized around the world to stop the persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses or not? It's probably a minor issue for Witnesses, as they are confident that, through this campaign, people will be able to see many things: how many of Jehovah's Witnesses in the world as far as they are united, friendly as an international family that they are ordinary people who live according to the Bible, and not some secret underground sect; many will see their methods of resistance - extremists have taken up arms, not for pens and pencils. 
In any case, this campaign has not gone unnoticed. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

12 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I just read that thousands of JWs in Russia were arresred since 2010. It is on jw-russia, an official russian website. You can watch a video in English and a video in German( I suppose:-). But the rest is in Russian only

Hi Victoria

We need the an address, I find nothing on "JW-Russia". 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

15 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Thank you :wave:

Google translate works well on this. A lot of information pointed at the Russian people.

Haven't found the thousands arrested yet, but still reading on.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Old said:

Google translate works well on this. A lot of information pointed at the Russian people.

Same here. There are real pictures of letters too.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Luezette said:

Ruben, don't feel sorry for them. Apostates know exactly what they're doing! 

As a matter of fact, my own father is an apostate. 

Also, sometimes they're even around here as in my neighborhood, and a close by neighborhood, giving out their poisonous literature, and when you refuse ("you" as in we JW as we're walking along), they dish out insults. When Bethel was in Brooklyn, they used to hold demonstrations right in front of Bethel.

They disgust me!

Yes they find it easy to leave their manners and morals at the door and abuse us ... because they are right in their own eyes ... which in turn seems to let them think they have license to downgrade, use twisted facts that they haven't checked out properly and then any poor member of the public who listens to them is not given an alternative hope based on the scriptures. They pull the mat out from under people and leave them on the floor. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Yes they find it easy to leave their manners and morals at the door and abuse us ... because they are right in their own eyes ... which in turn seems to let them think they have license to downgrade, use twisted facts that they haven't checked out properly and then any poor member of the public who listens to them is not given an alternative hope based on the scriptures. They pull the mat out from under people and leave them on the floor. 

I HATE the behavior of these apostates. I want to say I hate them, but we shouldn't hate anybody. My brother got a hold of their literature and now he 100% believes what they say as if it was written in stone. He has SO much hatred for Jehovah and his organization, blames us for ruining his life. Tapes anti-Jehovah pictures to his walls. I never visit my mother's house anymore because he's become a harrasser. He is not baptized but I can't help but consider him an apostate now as well. I pray Jehovah softens his heart if he has the right heart condition, but only Jehovah knows. So yeah, I agree, I do NOT feel sorry for these people, such a vile and hateful bunch. 

Just now, EverlastingLifeInView said:

I HATE the behavior of these apostates. I want to say I hate them, but we shouldn't hate anybody. My brother got a hold of their literature and now he 100% believes what they say as if it was written in stone. He has SO much hatred for Jehovah and his organization, blames us for ruining his life. Tapes anti-Jehovah pictures to his walls. I never visit my mother's house anymore because he's become a harrasser. He is not baptized but I can't help but consider him an apostate now as well. I pray Jehovah softens his heart if he has the right heart condition, but only Jehovah knows. So yeah, I agree, I do NOT feel sorry for these people, such a vile and hateful bunch. 

You can hate what they do and what they stand for. 

7 hours ago, Old said:

It is on pdf "Специальный отчет..." The red one

9 minutes ago, Victoria said:

It is on pdf "Специальный отчет..." The red one

That is why I missed it. Apparently Google can't translate PDFs.

Quote from Maxim Shevchenko on jw-russia.org:

I think, of course, that the Witnesses persecuted only for one reason - they are working on the principle "from person to person," [which] constitutes a serious competition to the Russian Orthodox Church in a number of regions. 

Jehovah God is well aware of this fact, so too are His people, even non-jw's who support freedom of religion; but apparently the 100 million+ Orthodox Russians can't figure this out!

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

14 minutes ago, MentalProject said:

Ha, well perhaps he will get a good witness too when he hears in the news about the campaign, remembering that he received one of the letters by accident.