JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah's Witnesses in NZ

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2578 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Very exciting article I just found that I wanted to share. Talks about how religion is going about in New Zealand- my country- and the decrease in numbers. Surprise surprise, according to the article, we are "booming." 

Check it out:

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/02/losing-our-religion-kiwis-losing-the-faith-in-record-numbers.html

39 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Nice article, Ray :)

Absolutely a great article. :DSpent more time though on the losing members part and shoulda really done research on "why" Jehovah's Witnesses are flourishing. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Maybe they will next article. It's good to see ... but the NZ public will gloss over it - they won't want to give Jehovah any credit. But yay! Something positive.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Yes I didn't like that either. It did kind of sour it a bit, but that is how we are seen in NZ ... they have no idea how global we are or the extent our unity for one another goes. The NZ public are only worried about issues that touch our country. When speaking to them on an auction site messageboard about the plight of those (both witnesses and not witnesses) in Venezuela some time ago - they just didn't want to know. I guess that is the downside living in an isolated island Country at the bottom of the world. (Yet they accuse Americans of exactly the same thing). It's time people in isolated Western countries like ours woke up and if they don't now ... Jehovah will soon.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

And are they sighing about "What is the world coming to?" but don't care to find out, dismissing the Bible message when we try to explain?  Yet they can't see any solutions from their politicians, and obviously see religion as failing them.  So they put their "trust" in materialism, and soothe their consciousness with signing online petitions and following celebrities, while they continue "eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,  and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be" Matt : 38, 39.

Australia's the same.  It is pretty much only the new immigrant population that we seem to have good discussions.  Oh well, it's their choice....

Out in the ministry a few months ago and at every door we met an Asian immigrant and they were always polite and listened even if they didn't take anything.  Out of the whole morning, one door was an Aussie. 'Not interested'. Door shut.   I think that particular morning stands out for me just because of that.  Not only are the Caucasian population not interested, they can barely bring themselves to be polite.  And it would kill them to smile!!!!!  

But, I found this in a  WT article I read yesterday in relation to our bible reading this week, from 15/3/2011 which I found very encouraging:  

Jeremiah found joy in his work. He said to Jehovah: “Your words were found, and I proceeded to eat them; and your word becomes to me the exultation and the rejoicing of my heart; for your name has been called upon me, O Jehovah.” (Jer. 15:16) For Jeremiah, it was a privilege to represent the true God and preach his word. It is of interest that when Jeremiah focused on the ridicule from the people, he lost his joy. When he turned his attention to the beauty and importance of his message, his joy was rekindled.—Jer. 20:8, 9.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

16 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

And are they sighing about "What is the world coming to?" but don't care to find out, dismissing the Bible message when we try to explain?  Yet they can't see any solutions from their politicians, and obviously see religion as failing them.  So they put their "trust" in materialism, and soothe their consciousness with signing online petitions and following celebrities, while they continue "eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,  and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be" Matt : 38, 39.

Australia's the same.  It is pretty much only the new immigrant population that we seem to have good discussions.  Oh well, it's their choice....

It's a very real option that people bury themselves in their own bubbles because either they don't like what's going on around them, or they just can't work out the answer. But sighing and groaning would put them in line for being drawn by Jehovah ... I think most are happy in their bubbles and choose not to look outside them so the truth doesn't hit them fair square in the forehead. BUt that's just my theory.

In fact as I was passing by a post in youtube (like I do) it was on a paradise video from jw.org that had been (right or wrong) put up on to youtube. A person ... a young lady by the sounds ... was incredulous about this paradise, saying that all those things pictured in the video she can do right now ... like eat fresh fruit and ride horses. Not one thought was there for those who can't ... and that illustrates it quite well, if they have their own paradise ... even if its relative to what we are offering ... they don't want to know.

Edited by Stormswift

19 hours ago, youthintheministry23 said:

Very exciting article I just found that I wanted to share. Talks about how religion is going about in New Zealand- my country- and the decrease in numbers. Surprise surprise, according to the article, we are "booming." 

Check it out:

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/02/losing-our-religion-kiwis-losing-the-faith-in-record-numbers.html

They just had to throw in the terms "extreme sectarian" into the article..