JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

So, the GB is on Facebook Now?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2525 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think this cautionary post is appropriate, but if the mods do not, they can take it down with my blessing.

Few sites are as unsullied for Witnesses as is this one. Many administrators make little or no effort to filter out apostates. Some forums, I suspect, are run by apostates who pretend to be loyal, and who play 'good cop, bad cop' with any unsuspecting brothers who come along, the good cops holding our people in place with supposedly supportive comments, so as the bad cops can accost them.

I don't seek out apostates. It is not cool. But there have been times when I have been ambling along minding my own business and have stumbled upon three apostates mugging Job in the back alley. When that has happened, I have not run away, but have tried to render Job assistance, as Elihu did.

On such a forum, someone alerted me to Anthony Morris' Facebook page. I replied:

Oh, for crying out loud!

It is not enough for the liars to pretend to be one GB member on Twitter? Now they must be another one on Facebook?

"Pray for our brothers in Russia!" the liar on Twitter had said. He was trying to lure in the guileless ones, which is not that hard to do, for many of them are naive when it comes to the internet.

In time, he succeeded in gaining many followers and he tipped his hand. It was all a ruse to advance his lie that if you took out Jehovah's Witnesses, all the pedophilia problems in the world would instantly clear up. Of course, this tipping of the hand made it clear that he didn't give a hoot in hell about our brothers in Russia - kill them all, as far as he is concerned. He is steamed that there ARE brothers in Russia, or anywhere else. 

Having accomplished its purpose, he took down his tweet about 'pray for our brothers in Russia.' Having taken it down, can anyone prove it ever existed? Perhaps not all of his followers were gullible dupes, as he assumed. Perhaps many were loyal persons who smelled a rat from the beginning and followed so as to keep an eye on the Greater Rat, unsure at first as to how bad the stench would be. Possibly, just possibly, some of them preserved screenshots and can produce them when and if the time is right. 

So Anthony Morris III is on Facebook? I think not. Nonetheless, if I came across the page on my own, or if someone trustworthy alerted me to it, I would check it out. But [name removed] is out to break my legs. Why would I go out to eagerly lap up whatever he throws in my path?

These are despicable people who dispense with common decency as they pursue their single-minded goal to take out the organization they hate. Everyone knows, in the Witness world and the non-Witness world, that it is despicable to assume the identity of another so as to slander him.

Edited by TrueTomHarley

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

26 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

On such a forum, someone alerted me to Anthony Morris' Facebook page.

The GB FB pages have been discussed here a few times. It usually only takes a few minutes to realize there isn't any reason for a member of the GB to have a FB page but the trap is still there waiting to catch someone...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes Tort, when you have Jehovah's spirit - the stench of untruth is undeniable ... they underestimate us as a whole. We must teach with more fire resistance materials than ever before so our new ones, our young ones and others aren't taken in.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I accidentally see the odd comment from an apostate when looking at YouTube, instagram and news items. However that's all I ever see. I don't look long enough to see much though as I am not interested in their faulty reasoning.

I must admit when I was looking into Jehovah's Witnesses before I got baptised I debated and fought them in the trenches to see if what they said was true. I found them to be devoid of anything positive and full of faulty reasonings. This was very dangerous and not something I would recommend to anyone.

If I saw someone "mugging Job in the back alley" which is very unlikely because like I said I don't look for more than a second when I see apostates are commenting on stuff. I would private message them and explain in detail the reason why apostates have faulty reasoning and maybe direct them to a more encouraging forum like this one. If they don't want to take the advice I won't hang around and battle apostate ideas with them as we are advised by Jesus's faithful slave not to do that.

writings of apostatesw12 5/15 26; 

avoiding apostasy: w06 1/15 23-24; w04 2/15 16-17; 

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

42 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Yes Tort, when you have Jehovah's spirit - the stench of untruth is undeniable ... they underestimate us as a whole. We must teach with more fire resistance materials than ever before so our new ones, our young ones and others aren't taken in.

Agreed, yet look at how many are being fooled by the texts, pictures and video about the letter campaign. I think it is amazing how many of us can be so quickly and easily fooled in our enthusiasm. It was a good test of our gullibility even with all of the reminders we get from the FDS.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

And that goes back to whether we are wearing fire resistant clothing spiritually speaking. If we don't truly hate what is bad or love what is good ... then those people and those comments are going to get inside our heads. 

I have to really work on not seeing worthless things ... as in the 'bunker' videos ... and not be tempted to go read that stuff ... because the few I have read, I just walk away thinking what fools they are.  But we have to be faithful in little things too ... so that's my current goal is not let myself be tempted by their comments - you always want to come to the defense of Jehovah's purpose, but sometimes its good just to vere away altogether and let them be.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

We can and should help our brothers to reason on such things, should they bring it up.

If a Governing Body were to appear on Twitter or Facebook, that is a major change in how they choose to communicate with us. They would not embark on such a change without advance notification in both jw.org and the printed page.

I never saw the Facebook page, but I did see the Twitter account. It had 'governingbody' within the user name. A Governing Body member would never employ such a username, for the phrase is not his to use.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

There is a method to report offensive Facebook profiles.

There is, and I don't know why it doesn't work, but it doesn't. the Twitter account has been around for a long time. Many have notified Bethel and many have notified Twitter. I believe that there is leeway when dealing with a public figure. After all, look how Alec Baldwin impersonates the President.

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

There is, and I don't know why it doesn't work, but it doesn't. the Twitter account has been around for a long time. Many have notified Bethel and many have notified Twitter. I believe that there is leeway when dealing with a public figure. After all, look how Alec Baldwin impersonates the President.

Could have something to do with the fact that Facebook never removes anything you report. 

They don't even remove images of child abuse - the BBC tried over months and had no feedback. As soon as they went public Facebook had the nerve to report the BBC for distributing images of child abuse:

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/facebook-child-abuse-images-bbc-investigation

• 1 month later...

Reading the comments made me think of a recent article on jw.org. Everyone knows its wrong to talk to apostates regardless of the urge to defend our brothers. May be a good thing to report impersonators you run across on accident to the proper channel on some websites such as this one but not likely good to seek them out on other sites due to the danger of reading Satan's lies.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/respond-to-accusations/

I don't know if any of you saw it but some time ago I opened Youtube to find an imposter saying he was a new governing body member. I about dropped my teeth (which would real hard since they are all attached!!) I was wishing I had some rotten eggs to throw at my computer! What gall! I didn't stay long enough to even find out what "brilliant" new light he had for us. Right at first he did say he was he first hispanic on the GB.

Edited by Agent MOM

16 hours ago, Agent MOM said:

I don't know if any of you saw it but some time ago I opened Youtube to find an imposter saying he was a new governing body member. I about dropped my teeth (which would real hard since they are all attached!!) I was wishing I had some rotten eggs to throw at my computer! What gall! I didn't stay long enough to even find out what "brilliant" new light he had for us. Right at first he did say he was he first hispanic on the GB.

... just when you thought you had heard everything ... :?

Yes, i too have personally argued and made alot of apostates into fools by discussing with them bible matters. I did this for many many years. They are known as Ex-Jw's in their community. I've been on every one of their websites, and have seen what twisting thing they right about JW's.

All this i have done BEFORE investigating JW's  and BEFORE ever even considering a Bible Study with JW's. I like the Bro. Simon above, who  mentioned his past expierience,  who did the same as I did. But you JW's  here, who were raised in the Truth, and did not come out of the WORLD like I did, and who never did deep research into the history of JW's, and  which I was from the VERY DEMONIC REALM OF BORN-AGAIN CHURCHES, would easily go into doubt about what you would read on those  Apostate websites pages.  Again dont even get curious to take a look them!