JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Study Edition - August -PDF

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2523 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There's a brilliant article in this magazine entitled “The Peace of God . . . Surpasses All Understanding”. It has subheadings such as these:

DO NOT BE ANXIOUS OVER ANYTHING”

EXAMPLES OF JEHOVAH DOING THE UNEXPECTED

IT WILL GUARD OUR HEARTS AND MENTAL POWERS

There's also the life story of Russian brother Pavel Sivulsky: "Endurance Under Trial Results in Blessings". Pavel's son Yaroslav is spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia.

https://www.jw.org/download/?issue=201708&output=html&pub=w&fileformat=JWPUB%2CMOBI%2CPDF%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I read the article on patience. Waiting on Jehovah. We may find ourselves asking  the same question Isaiah, Habakkuk, David, even Jesus, "How long O Jehovah? 

I'm going to enjoy studying that article.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

What I like the most on page 23, in 2013 in South Africa where there is still racial divisions, the GB had approved that congregations who had different races or languages to meet together and get to know one another. It is sad that apartheid still exist in South Africa. Gee, I thought it end 26 years ago.

19 hours ago, Loopy said:

I read the article on patience. Waiting on Jehovah. We may find ourselves asking  the same question Isaiah, Habakkuk, David, even Jesus, "How long O Jehovah? 

I'm going to enjoy studying that article.

I hear the word patience bantered around a lot these days....since I have tried to have patience for

many decades...the word seems a bit hackneyed to me.   In my personal life, talking to myself, I prefer....perseverance...that

is what I remind myself...that I must cultivate... when things get dicey or worse in this 

thing called life.

Edited by nanceebgd46

punctuation

On 4/28/2017 at 4:46 AM, Thesauron said:

There's a brilliant article in this magazine entitled “The Peace of God . . . Surpasses All Understanding”. 

I think this article was based on Geoffrey Jackson's talk at last year's Annual Meeting, "Expect the Unexpected."  Very similar points made throughout.