JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Why We Don't Respond to All Accusations made against Us

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2540 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Talk about timely. I understand this is mostly about spiritual accusations but it applies to my work life as well.

For the last 3 weeks I've been responding to a series of complaints by a customer who's goal, it appears, is to trying to discredit me so they have an excuse to not pay their invoices. And this job included construction cleanup, the worst and most costly.

MD and I do this job together, it's huge at 4,000 sq. ft. and 18-20 employees. We have a set order in which to do things and do it very well. But as the complaints came in I went in to the office, unannounced, to address them and I saw what was happening. Small insignificant things, like a teaspoon of soil on a dirt brown wooden floor pushed up against a file cabinet, were being groomed to look as if it was a big transgression. Then those transgressions were fed to corporate and ta da they have an excuse to claim we weren't doing what we promised. Hmm. Then I put in a stop work order for non-payment so they answered that with a termination email and certified letter, of which I had returned. Then this morning I get an email that they will withhold payment because I have keys to their building, a building which has a keypad on the door instead of a lock and key. Oh goodness who's the brains behind all this?

So accusations abound. This isn't my first horse ride on crazy town but I wish it was my last. People want something for nothing. I don't go down easily, peacefully but not easily, we'll see how this ends. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I wrote about this. Responding to all accusations is actually counter productive and will only serve as a vehicle to further promote them and give them more publicity. I think about Scientology and how they are very litigious and are known to discredit critics by any means. Before that "Going Clear" documentary came out, they went public responding to it, and this actually promoted the film because their campaign against it helped promote it. They reached an audience that the producers of the documentary would probably not have reached on their own.

So yes, the governing body is very shrewd. If apostates and other opposers want to accuse us of stuff, they're going to have to exhaust their own time and money doing so.  

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it was brother Rutherford who once said regarding opposers and their accusations, "If you stop to kick at every dog that barks at you, you'll never get anywhere."

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

2 hours ago, minister159 said:

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it was brother Rutherford who once said regarding opposers and their accusations, "If you stop to kick at every dog that barks at you, you'll never get anywhere."

Winston Churchill had a similar quote too: "if you throw stones at every dog that barks, you will never make it to you destination".

I mean, you could spend 8 hours a day chasing accusations. It would simply be an unnecessary distraction for us.

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 9:58 AM, minister159 said:

I've been looking for that quote and I haven't found it. I'd appreciate a source if you have one.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

49 minutes ago, Bob said:

I think it was Russell who said that. Try the April 1 1995 Watchtower, page 27.

*** w95 4/1 p. 27 How Christians Cope With Public Reproach ***
C. T. Russell, first president of the Watch Tower Society, was once asked why he did not defend himself against reproach. He answered: “If you stop to kick at every dog that barks at you, you’ll never get very far.”

Thanks!

I wanted to use that quote in a different thread but I couldn't find it. Then I saw it was mentioned in this thread..

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Somebody said "People that live in grass houses shouldn't throw scones", was that Winston Churchill?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, Old said:

Somebody said "People that live in grass houses shouldn't throw scones", was that Winston Churchill?

No, that was you. Do you get yourself and Winston Churchill mixed up very often? :whistling:

i like to always look my jovial self even in the midst of pro vocation,it keeps accusers always wondering like what kind of man is this? .
that way i get to always enjoy my peace of mind.i love to have peace, even so much of it.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

i like to always look my jovial self even in the midst of pro vocation,it keeps accusers always wondering like what kind of man is this? .
that way i get to always enjoy my peace of mind.i love to have peace, even so much of it.