JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My music progress update:  I continue to practice piano for a several minutes almost daily using PianoVideoLesson.com  I am in Unit 3 of Year 1.  As I am a slow learner is goes slowly.  I wish there was a Theocratic music lesson plan as I would REALLY love to be learning music by starting with the new original music and kids songs rather than simple secular music first.  Besides the secular music in the Year  1 Lesson plan I  continue to practice 'Christian Dedication' on my own.  As I keep at trying to learn I am also saving for a digital piano rather than the off sounding learner eMedia 61 Kb I am using.  Our piano progress introduction

Edited by Pallen

edited link

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

I myself do not play anything but I'd like to play something percussive, I find I have a natural potential for such. In school I found learning to play a drum set came very easily. I'd like to play something like a Tabla, Nagara (tradtional Indian drums) or similar. As well as some old Jazz drumming.

A couple of strings I'd like to play would be the Renaissance Lute, it has such a great rich sound to it. As well as the Indian Sitar.

(Both Tabla and Sitar are heard in here at the same time at 0:20)

I have learned some American rythmic tap dance (which was very popular amongst African Americans and orginated with them), which is a form of instrument and percussive dance, though I could do with more practice to get to the level I fantasise about, but I do not have the room or enviroment for such. It's easy to forget tap dance is actually just being a drum player with your feet, and just to focus on the steps, forgetting you are not dancing "to" music, but your dance is also "creating" the music. So you are simultaneously dancing to your own improvised beats in real time. 

Edited by EccentricM

I look forward to the new system when many of us now who don't have the time for music can learn it and those that wish to dance to it can dance to their hearts content in many varied styles traditions all pleasant to listen and watch. Soon, Oh so Soon.

Edited by Pallen

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

• 6 months later...

Pain and learning difficulties have kept me from progressing much in music. My first theocratic goal song Christian Dedication has suffered due to lack of practice.  I also tried a rough trial of Greensleeves lesson today from the Second year lesson plan of Piano Video Lessons. It was horrid sounding.

I did added a comfy pad Kathy made for my mobility chair that has velcro straps that also fits my piano bench today and it works great.  I hope it will hopefully encourage me to be willing to sit in front of my keyboard more often. The bench is a heavy duty bedside table Dad made for me as a child, it just the right height for a piano bench.

IMG_20181112_134611.jpg

One day soon I look forward to being able to truly learn how to play.  I look forward to a theocratic song lesson books and videos as well as time to get togather to teach each other how to play music that we will want to play togather in the new system.

My music rather limited but once more hopeful with AcousticAchord.blogspot and our music page on or family web site

Edited by Pallen

added links